3gx Firmware Downloads

Stan Blum

Align 3GX Verion 4.0 now added to the list of downloads!

Hi Tony, Thank you so much for the excellent video tutorials on the 3GX. I'm very excited to get my Trex600nitro pro working. This will be my third Align Heli, 450 electric, 600 nitro and now the 600 nitro pro. What I'm looking for is your help with the governor set up. I haven't done to well with the model's instructions regarding set up. There are a lot of tips I learned from you that would have helped if the Align people had included them.

Again thank you for making a silk purse out of you know, Stan Blum:friendly

Tony

Staff member
Hey Stan. The governor function on the 600N is done with %'s in the Gov menu on your Tx. The only way to use the Gov is to have a 7+ ch Tx. You have not posted what Tx you are using, so I'm not sure. But your gyro gain will be on channel 7 (Aux1) and your Gov will be on channel 5 (Gear). You will set your Gov menu to use channel 5 and it will be trial and error as to what setting meets the head speed you are looking for. I would shoot for 1850/1975/2150 if you have a 3 position switch (DX8). If you have a DX7s or the like with only a two position switch, then I would use the last two numbers.

You will need a tach to do this and it would help to have someone else there to tach it for you. It's just safer. Hope this helps.

Stan Blum

:peaceful:Thanks once again. My transmitter is the Futaba8fg. The Heli id 600N pro.

For us old people it would be good to begin your tutorials to with the general principals to get us thinking correctly. For example, the controller is basically a gyro like any other and nothing more magical. I apologize because your explanations are a thing of beauty.

I have a few questions:
Before programming the 3GX what in the transmitter can't be programed?
After the 3GX set up can you use in the transmitter expo, throttle curve, pitch curve, or move throttle curve? I do understand that after changing throttle settings the governor needs to be recalibrated.

Can I set different dampening and acceleration for different flight modes?

Again I would like to thank you for your efforts to educate me so that I get the performance out of the 3GX that it's capable of giving. I really like Align Helicopters. They do what I want in the air. I'm not a 3D flier, just try to fly realistically and do what the Red Bull helicopter does. Align really supports their product better than anyone.

Regards, Stan

Tony

Staff member
Hey Stan, you can change the expo/dr, T-curve, P-curve all in the Tx. In your Tx, you will set your Swash Mix, or Swash AFR to 3 servos 120º, make sure you are on a helicopter model and make sure you have a linear throttle curve, 0 25 50 75 100. That is what you need to set the Gov up so the 3GX throttle settings can be set.

From there, you will just to your DIR setup, then your rudder setup (all in the videos) and then finally, the flight mode settings when you are done with everything else.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, let me know. Still on my second cup of coffee for the day lmao.

carl

Again, I just want to say how much I do appreciate all the help and simplicity ..some people seem to get tired of going over the same things over and over, glad you , and everyone else on see to be, not in that boat..) ship ) Thanks Tony and to everyone who really don't mind sharing with the 'rest of us'...I'm not too old to learn, just takes me a week or so longer than most, thanks and Blessings to everyone...* I tried to down load the VG 3.1 and I'm getting a error message... " An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. ( exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B ) any ideas? I uninstalled it and reinstalled same thing,...seems to be working except this window with the fault pops up ..x it out and it seems to scroll and show everything fine...then the popup..back..like every second...thanks again and Blessings to one and to all, As Always, I Am...

Tony

Staff member
We are here to help Carl, never be afraid to ask anything.

As for that error message, I used to get that as well. I think that once you plug the helicopter in, it should stop. I can't remember what I had to do to get rid of it. I think I had to uninstall the 3GX software off my computer, then go into C:/ and delete the 3GX folder. Again, I "THINK" this is what I had to do. Can't quite remember exactly.

pmanning

Thanks Tony!
My 450 L clone (VWINRC 450 TS - 3s, 3gx 3.1) build this fall had a chronic wobble in hover that I couldn't figure out so it was benched. I got an Align 450L Dominator kit (6s) and during the build / setup with 3gx 4.0 I came across your setup videos and it couldn't have gone smoother. 3 flights for adjustments and fine tuning and now it's awesome. The 'light' came on so bright that I re-built the 450 L clone with the 3gx 4.0 software upgrade and it was perfect on the first flight (no tuning necessary). Thanks again for making great suggestions on settings and explaining the whole 3gx setup.

nsidio

hey Tony, great videos. I watched them all in preparation for my first big bird build (trex 600e). However, upon trying to update the 3GX firmware I hit a snag. When I connect the 3GX to the computer it says I the usb was not correctly installed. The 3GX is not recognized by the machine as if the supplied drivers are incorrect. Using Windows 8.1. I may try the 3.0 version, but I am kinda stuck here at the moment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Tony

Staff member
I have never had this issue since I'm not running on 8.1 with my computers. You can try uninstalling the program then going into Program Files x86 and deleting the 3GX folder and reinstalling. I know on my laptop, I get an error until I plug the gyro in, but then everything works normally.

Open your Device Manager and look at the port that opens when you plug the 3GX in. Make sure there is not an orange triangle next to it. If there is, try to uninstall the firmware. Once that is done, unplug the 3GX, uninstall the software and delete the folder, then reinstall the software. This should force it to install new drivers. Make sure to install the drivers when they ask if you want to install them. This could be a compatibility issue with 8.1.

nsidio

I have never had this issue since I'm not running on 8.1 with my computers. You can try uninstalling the program then going into Program Files x86 and deleting the 3GX folder and reinstalling. I know on my laptop, I get an error until I plug the gyro in, but then everything works normally.

Open your Device Manager and look at the port that opens when you plug the 3GX in. Make sure there is not an orange triangle next to it. If there is, try to uninstall the firmware. Once that is done, unplug the 3GX, uninstall the software and delete the folder, then reinstall the software. This should force it to install new drivers. Make sure to install the drivers when they ask if you want to install them. This could be a compatibility issue with 8.1.

Probably an 8.1 compatibility issue. I tried everything as suggested and it still is not recognizing the USB. There is a still an orange triangle next to the usb device in the Device manager as well. This is after I watched it load the drivers. Guess I will grab my sons older laptop with Windows 7 on it and give it a try.

Tony

Staff member
One thing you can do is try to run it in compatibility mode. I would run it in xp mode and give that a try.

nsidio

One thing you can do is try to run it in compatibility mode. I would run it in xp mode and give that a try.

Doesn't appear to be any issue with the software. The program runs fine. The issue is the drivers as the USB dongle isn't recognized. I have run into this issue many times with Win 8.1. Loading the software and drivers in my old Win 7 machine worked. Drivers loaded just like they are supposed to and it connected first try.

Scott17

I hope i'm in the right forum as i'm new here. I just bought a 3gx with 4.0 and i tried going though the setup using your videos(thank you for them) and when i get to setting up the tail i can set the limits but there is no tail compensation on the ground. I tried shaking the tail and the servo doesn't move. Am i doing something wrong. If i cant tell what way its going to compensate how do i set it up. Thanks in advance Scott.

Tony

Staff member
Did you go into your Tx and adjust your tail gain? If you are using something like the DX8, go into your gyro menu and set the number to +40.

Scott17

Hi Tony I have a JR 9503 that i'm using to set this heli up. Its a align trex 450. I have tried to play with the gain on the transmitter but it doesn't seem to help. I have tried from 20 up to 100. But maybe i was on the wrong channel i thought i used the gear channel. I remember reading someones post about it not compensating on the ground but it worked in the air. I think it is something new with version 4.0 but, i could be wrong.

Tony

Staff member
If you are only using satellites, then you need to change your tail gyro channel to Aux2, your governor (if used) will be on channel 5, or the gyro channel. Don't ask why Align did it this way, it will make yoru head hurt, it has mine lmao.

Top Bottom