3gx Setup Guide Part 2 Dir & Governor Setup

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

3gx Setup Guide Part 2 Dir & Governor Setup

In this video, I walk you through the DIR setup mode on the gyro. In this mode, you will set all of your blade pitches including cyclic and collective. Please note, you MUST use 8º of cyclic in this step! If you require more than 8º when flying, you will make those adjustments in the Flight Mode Settings in a later video.

Even if you are NOT going to run a Gov, you MUST set the Gov endpoints in the gyro. This tells the gyro where your low and high stick is located. This is a REQUIRED step!

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

pstelzer

Great video. I am pretty new to flying RC helicopters, and have mostly flown Blade microhelicopters. Not so much setup required. However, I just bought an align 450L dominator, and I'm finding there is a lot to learn. I am following the steps in your video, but one of the first steps is making sure that when I move the stick up, the swashplate should move forward. It doesn't! It moves toward the back of the helicopter. There's a mention of other videos where it's explained how to fix this, but I can't find them. My first thought was to change my transmitter setup to reverse the elevator settings, but this did not work - the elevator stick made the whole swashplate move up and down together. Can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry if this is a noob question... thanks in advance for help.

Tony

Staff member
If you are using the Align 3GX, then you need to figure out what servo is reversed. It sounds like you need to reverse your elevator servo. Then, if the swash is reversed, if you are using a spektrum tx, then go into your swash or swashplate menu and set the +60 to -60 and this will reverse it. If you can post a video of the way it moves with all sticks, that will help us out.

pstelzer

I have an align 3gx with a Spektrum sat, and a Spektrum DX6i, which you can see from the video. When I switch the elevator to be reversed, everything starts acting strangely: the throttle acts like the elevator control, and the elevator starts acting like a throttle. Something very similar happens when I change the swashplate menu elevator setting to -60. [video=youtube_share;oFwP9FITmyY]https://youtu.be/oFwP9FITmyY[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Okay, take the reverse off the elevator and use the swashplate menu to reverse the directions. It was correct before you reversed the elevator, but you just need to change from a positive to a negative on the alieron and elevator.

Tony

Staff member
It's confusing when you first start out, but it does get easier I promise. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Top Bottom