3gx Setup Guide Part 3 Rudder, Delay & Anti-torque Compensation

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

3gx Setup Guide Part 3 Rudder, Delay & Anti-torque Compensation

In this video, I walk you through the rudder setup menu. If you want a stable and solid tail, then pay close attention to these steps!

I also talk about the Delay setting and how to use the software to get a perfect 0 delay setting!

I also show you how to set the Anti-Torque Compensation in the gyro which is a MUST. Depending on what position you mount your gyro in, you will set the compensation accordingly.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Dan Imhoff

Gidday Tony,
i did everything you said buy when you explained the tail should move in the direction you move it (which yours did) you didn't really say how to adjust it if in fact it went the opposite way (which mine does) what do i need to do to change that setting to get it to get the trailing edge of the tail rotor to move the same way the push the tail. Great videos by the way

Tony

Staff member
The 3rd menu in the rudder setup on the gyro you will set Normal or Reverse. This is where the tail correction direction is set. If yours needs to be reversed, just use the rudder stick to change the light on the 3GX from green to red, or from red to green depending on what you have now. Let me know if you need any further help.

Dan Imhoff

Thanks Tony,
That worked a treat now its all ok.
I went to fly it however and everything wound up ok and then when I applied collective the machine was trying to tip right instead of the usual left.....and I could see it would have been quiet violent if I had continued so I back it off checked the swash movement and spooled it up again and this time it again a sharp tip to the right when applying collective.

My other 550 with a VBar, does a slight tip to the left and then lifts of nicely......

Not sure whats happening....have you any clues for me.....do i need to check my swash leveler again. I checked the tracking seems fine so not sure whats happening really.

Any clues mate....

Tony

Staff member
If you are running 3.1, this is a known issue. It hates being on the ground and will tip every time. But, make sure when you tip your heli to the right, your swash is going to the left and vice versa. And when you tilt the helicopter to the front, the swash it tilting backwards.

Top Bottom