3gx Setup Part 2 How To Flash The Firmware To Version 3.0

Tony

Staff member
Last edited:

BOKI

Watched the video & you did a nice job on it Tony! Don't have a 3gx but when I get a new helicopter it probably will ! Very interesting Thanks Dave

Tony

Staff member
the 3GX is a great gyro. I'm afraid that it's being outdated by the beastX and the IKON though.

BOKI

You know Tony by time I learn on my old Trex 450 Se V2 & can get a new helicopter hard telling what Gyro's will be out! I've seen the beast x & IKON & they do look good! Hey take care & talk to you again soon! Dave

Tony

Staff member
They are some great gyros. But, I'm sure Align will be coming out with something soon. But for now, I'm happy with the 3GX. I have a lot of reading up to do on the 3.0 firmware that I loaded in this video. I looked through it and there are a lot of different settings from the last versions.

BOKI

You know Tony you did a great job on that 3GX video! But you know right now new things are in the works in Eectronics & it's exciting to me to always see the brilliant things they can come up with every year! I'm sure this year there will be more stuff that's really nice! So by time I get a knew Helicopter Or Airplane OR Both Don't tell the Wife Though! Teller my other one is wore out & it probably will be! There will be more new out! Something to look forward to ! Take care & have a Great Day! Dave

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Nice job Tony. Now I just need a setup video on the dx8 too. I can see already that the setups between all the different FC's are pretty much the same. Just packaged a little different! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Sam, what is it that you are needing to know? The DX8 setup is pretty straight forward, but I do plan on doing a "Complete" setup video. Another one of those hour long videos that goes from start to finish. Just trying to find the time ATM. Plus, I need this heli flying first so I know how it's going ot act. Oh, and to play on the sim a bit to get my fingers back.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Just give me a basic set up for normal 1 and 2. I'll send you the ikon manual to look at and see what you think I should set up the tx with. Sent to you in e mail..

Tony

Staff member
the normal and idle up settings are going to be the same for your 600 and the 700N. Your GOV will take care of holding a max idle. Or it should. I will check otu the manual, but not sure I will be able to get to it tonight. Last night off of 4 and have a LOT to get done.

DirtBikeGy

Thanks for the video!
After flashing the firmware, do you need to go through the setup of the 3gx again? The limits, correction reversing, etc.

Tony

Staff member
It is highly suggested to do all of the DIR and tail setup's again. And even if you are not running it, do the GOV setup so it knows your throttle stick end points.

Westy

LEGEND
I concur

- - - Updated - - -

Good Video Tony ... I see I am wasting my time Lol ..... will leave it all up to you from now on.....

dony45

I've watched several 3GX set ups and none show anything with the software. I built a 500 EFl 3GX and did all the set up on the 3GX and it seems to fly well. Still begginer so no 3D. Do we need to do anything with the software. I assume everything is at default. One section on model select has Advanced, Normal and begginer. I am a begginer so do I need to change the selection since Normal is probably the default? There are other changes you can make which I have no idea why I would change it at this point.

Tony

Staff member
Those selections are only on V1.2. V2.1+ don't have those options. And I would start with beginner and try it out. Give me some time and I will be adding software videos. Just trying to find the time.

Klee811398

I have a 3gx software on the computer does not show the models, upgraded the software, still can't get it to show model select.

Top Bottom