500 Acting Up

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
This afternoon I had to go to my neurologist. Right around the corner from him there's a Super Walmart and McDonald's with a wide open area to fly. I went ahead charged a few batteries up for the 500 and took it their after the appointment. It was REAL windy but I went ahead and flew anyway. Through out the flight I notice that the tail wasn't turning properly. It was like I was fighting the wind and then all of the sudden it would turn. It was windy but I really don't think the wind would keep the heli from turning. At times, I had my stick control turn all the way right or left and nothing. Then all of the sudden, the heli would turn. It was random. Yes it was windy but I should still have some sort of control. Well after a few flights I decided to give it up before I crashed. I got the heli home and checked her out. I really can't find anything wrong. Tail slider smooth, tail assembly tight, I just have no idea. Maybe my tail servo is going bad. Trail and error will only tell. I did make a video of the flight but waiting to upload. Maybe someone can see something from that video.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
No I have the KST DS 515 MG on it. I think I found out why the tail was acting up. After taking apart the tail assembly I notice that the controls links were too snug. Enough to move but snug enough to mess with the servo. Curiosity what would be the problem with the 520?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I didn't know about the pots on these servo getting dirty and they need to be cleaned. I guess everything needs to be clean after you play with it for awhile. I still ordered new tail assembly since the control linkage on them seem not good to be anyway. I rather pay $25.00 for tail assembly vs rebuild the 500 after a crash :).

Top Bottom