Align 150 Dfc Rebuild After Hard Crash

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Align 150 Dfc Rebuild After Hard Crash

I"m sure you all have seen the DFC Linkage & Swash video where I slammed this helicopter into the side of the house. VERY HARD! This is the video where I rebuild it, and put it back into the air.

Below the video are all of the links to where you can purchase all of these parts as well as the helicopter it's self. Save yourself some money, and use the coupon code RCHELP5 at checkout.

[video=youtube_share;O-Zj0dmNIbg]
Below are all of the links to all of the parts that I have used on this helicopter.

MH-TX15105X Frame (the one I broke)
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli 7075 Aluminum Advanced X Frame (RED) - T-REX 150 DFC

MH-TX15105 Frame
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Aluminum/Carbon Fiber Frame (RED) - T-REX 150 DFC

Main Shaft
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Solid Carbon Main Shaft w/ Collar set (RED) - T-REX 150 DFC

Feathering Shaft
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Precision CNC Hardened Steel Feathering Shaft - T-REX 150 DFC

DFC LInks
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Aluminum Main Blade Grip Arm (RED) - T-REX 150 DFC/150 X

Metal Swash
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Precision CNC Aluminum Swashplate (RED) - T-REX 150 DFC

Main Blades (Yes, I got them to work!
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Plastic Main Blade 125mm (ORANGE) - T-REX 150 DFC

Tail Blades
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli Long Plastic Tail Blade 47mm (ORANGE) - T-REX 150 DFC/150 X

CF Landing Skids
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : Microheli AL/CF Landing Gear set (BLUE/PURPLE) - T-REX 150 DFC/150 X

Canopy
T-REX 150 DFC / 150 X : XCanopy Airbrush Fiberglass Cerberus Canopy - TREX 150 DFC

The parts above are what I have used to build this helicopter. And let me tell you, this is a SOLID helicopter! Head over to NexRc and order your helicopter and parts today!

Please let me know if you want to see anything on this helicopter. Just click on the forum link above and post up. I look forward to all of your requests.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:
Hey Tony, it's not as solid as that house... Lmao... You've spent more time with it on the table in bits than you have flying it... Haha

Nice vid though as usual and nice flying bro..

Tony

Staff member
Nah, this thing has been flown to hell and back and I'm loving it! The only reason I didn't fly it today is I was working in the garden, mowing the grass, fixing the lawn tractor, you know, country livin' stuff. It was a PERFECT day to fly too...

But this helicopter has seen more air than bench. It's just that all I have posted up was the times I was working on it. And I will say this. With all of these MicroHeli mods from NexRc, this thing is a BEAST!!!

Now, I just need to sweet talk Kevin into that badass MicroHeli motor for this beast!!! hehe.

Dirk

I said that I will never fly a small heli again, but I am itchin' for a little 150. I need something to fly in my lounge, garage or garden. Is it really worth the money Tony?
Is it very twitchy or can it be tamed down. I've noticed it is as fast as hell though.

Tony

Staff member
Dirk, I"m LOVING this helicopter. It's running the MRS gyro on it, so setup is very easy. There is a pot on the board where you can turn the roll rates down and it will be very stable and smooth. I have mine set to about 11 O'clock or so. The flip rate is pretty slow, but I can still do flips. If you want really tame, turn it down to about 9 O'clock. And put on a set of weighted MicroHeli blades to tame it down even more.

My suggestion is to get it. I'm loving mine.

junior10

hey tony, nice video you always do a great job. i have this crazy little 150 and it flys pretty good. but it does have a little bit of a tail bob. my gyro gain is 73 in norm and 71 in iu(dx61 tx) and my piro comp is 2 flashes. do you know what i could to eliminate that tail bob?

Tony

Staff member
When you say "tail bob", is it bobbing up and down like the helicopter is nodding yes, or are you talking about a tail wag where it's going side to side?

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Jason. I have always loved my mcpx's, but now with this 150, it's a whole new passion lol. This thing is just sweet in the air, dead stable and does what you tell it to. Or it tries when you are going way too fast lmao. This little guy needs avoidance detection hahaha.

Your welcome tony im still saving for one lol but for now I'm gonna stick to fixed pitch for now I recently got the 120 sr and thanks to the wind haven't had the chance to fly it but think it will fly good

Tony

Staff member
These CP helicopters are great in the wind. You get a little bobbing up and down, but nothing you can't over come. FP hates the wind and it's very hard to bring them back down.

Your right Tony but I prob only have 20 flights altogether so im not good at cp I flew my 400 3d last week and lets just say it didn't go well lol only had it 4 feet off the ground and set it down and it fell over and dented the boom stripped the pitch servo and broke the main gear but I know if I don't fly them i wont learn lol but I cant afford to keep spending money lol so ill learn on fixed pitch lol

junior10

When you say "tail bob", is it bobbing up and down like the helicopter is nodding yes, or are you talking about a tail wag where it's going side to side?

it bobs up and dn a little. it doesnt do it the whole time and it flys good, its just something to try and get perfect.

Tony

Staff member
On the gyro, there is a pot called Gain. Try lowering that pot about 1/2 hour CCW. This should stop that up and down movement.

junior10

On the gyro, there is a pot called Gain. Try lowering that pot about 1/2 hour CCW. This should stop that up and down movement.

i lowered the gain pot but that didnt help, i did change my main blades to the align orange ones and put on the longer align rotor blades and that seemed to help.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I sure did. It was pretty funny though. Did you know it's hard as HELL to KICK YOUR OWN ASS?!?!?! hahahaha

leedude1

Yup, I sure did. It was pretty funny though. Did you know it's hard as HELL to KICK YOUR OWN ASS?!?!?! hahahaha

Hi Tony went out this morning and disintegrated my one of my 150's into the parking lot... anyway got enough spares (I hope to slap it back into the air in a day or so) .. anyway,

I took out my other 150 and its behaving really weird and have not been able to resolve..I flew it last week and all was good,, problem is it seems the tail is not holding,, hadnt touched the gyro gains, no crsahes went through the whole set up pushing the MRS gain up to 4 flashes made it worse basically clockwise a spin,, TX gyo gain set at 55 bumped to 63.5 then even 70 nothing doin ...wondering if it could be the motor itself?

Thoughts?

P.S: This is the bird that taught me to get off the ground in hurry it doesn't like to sit there either..

Top Bottom