Ar7200bx Parameter Menu Setup Guide With Governor Settings

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Ar7200bx Parameter Menu Setup Guide With Governor Settings

There are some people that just want to tinker with everything to get it "just right". I happen to be one of those people most times, but with the AR7200BX, I have to say, it's pretty solid right out of the initial setup. But for the rest of those that HAVE to have it perfect, there is the parameter menu on the AR7200BX.

In this video, I walk you through every step of the parameter menu. And if you are running firmware 4.0.14, I also walk you through the governor parameter settings. No worries though, the governor setup video is coming if I can get a new rpm sensor!

Please post any questions, comments or suggestions below.

[video=youtube_share;0jfp9JPHZ7E]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

trainrider06

Another good one! I hadn't even bothered with the parameter menu, but Now at least if I do, I won't be lost! Thanks again Tony!
Rodney

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for the video! All my helicopters have a MicobeastX on them except for 1 iKON. The parameter menu is something I never messed with except for tail comp. No one really covers all the parameter menu steps. Thanks again!
T

Tony

Staff member
If there is something specific that you would like to see on the parameter menu (or any menu for that matter) post up and let me know. I will be more than happy to shoot a video on one specific menu if I need to.

Really, the only thing in there that most people will want to use is the one where you can turn the DR/Expo over to the Tx. And quite honestly, now that I have done that, I want to go back to the stock setting of sport or Pro mode on the gyro. It just flies fantastic with teh stock settings and my flying style.

bbj

Love all these AR7200bx help videos. I now should be able to setup this unit easily if I should decide to buy this gyro some day. Again another good job Tony.

trainrider06

If there is something specific that you would like to see on the parameter menu (or any menu for that matter) post up and let me know. I will be more than happy to shoot a video on one specific menu if I need to.

Really, the only thing in there that most people will want to use is the one where you can turn the DR/Expo over to the Tx. And quite honestly, now that I have done that, I want to go back to the stock setting of sport or Pro mode on the gyro. It just flies fantastic with teh stock settings and my flying style.
That's interesting! Right now I am pretty much a shaky sport flier,
and I love how this thing seems to be using Beast X only.
But I've only got 3 flights on this 500 as of right now (weather/time has
Me grounded) two flights were just hovering, and one I just moved it around
slowly....maybe I'll leave it as is till I'm comfortable with it.

trainrider06

Hey Tony I was just going through rechecking my Parameter settings, and noticed the menu only went to "H" before kicking out of the setup menu....why did it do this? does it need updated???

Tony

Staff member
If you are not running governor mode, then don't update it. The update is only good for a nitro governor, the gyro settings and firmware are exactly the same.

leedude1

Ah ok thank ya!

Got this all set up now just going to look at getting her out of doors,

What gyro settings are you using (gear channel DX6) or what would you suggest as a good start?

Once all the parameters have been set and I've selected the radio settings instead of the programmed "sport" or other settings and I can now go ahead and program Expo and DR settings as well as my pitch and throttle curves to suit my needs correct?

Tony

Staff member
Start with 40 on the gyro tail settings. And if you want to use the Tx settings for dr/expo, make sure to change it to transmitter in the gyro.

Tony, do you have any experience or guidance regarding the new microbeast with governor and attitude control? I've enabled attitude control on mine, but the heli immediately starts going backwards - and I mean fast! I'm thinking I need to update the "horizon" at parameter menu point "A" with the attitude switch on. Any thoughts? If you don't have the "pro" firmware in the microbeast, you will not have attitude control and governor; but you could still look in the manual and read about attitude control and updating the "horizon" setting at parameter menu "A" with the attitude control switch on.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I don't. I have not even played with self level in the Ikon. But I will look in to this and advise when I can. Might be a while though.

Top Bottom