At last, some success!

Mda1701d

Hello all, sorry its been a while since last post, but been so busy!
So, heres whats been happening on the heli front. After binning the dominator quite hard on the lastest flying attempt, I decided to mail for help. I got a reply from a nice chap in a small club nearby that I didnt know about offering to help. An hour or so with an expert soon discovered what the root of my problems were...... When I built the trex, I was very careful to set up 90 deg servos, level swash etc, and then set the pitches, aileron etc to all be nice and soft, small angles, then set up the 3gx........ wrong!!
In hindsight, its obvious now, but the 3gx was only seeing the small angles, and not realy doing much! Doh!
Anyway, he soon had it hovering smoothly in his small garden, most impressive, then we went to his local reckie where he flew it around properly, followed by a most fantastic disply of his awsome 600!
A big thanks to Cliff.
I still didnt feel too confident without the training gear, so bought a cheap, crashed blade 400 from ebay.
Had alot of fun sorting out the broken bits, and setting up a flybar heli for the first time, then strapped on some balls and sticks, and went for it!
Had alot of success with it so far, its getting better all the time as I iron out all the little faults, and carbon fibre blades to replace the nasty fibreglass ones it had on have made a big difference. Now its realy quite stable in the air in hover.
Also, got a nano cpx, twitchy thing, but great fun, and it doesnt break when I crash lol, as long as I hit throttle hold quick!
Now I just need a bit more confidence to ditch the gear from the 400, then get that damn Trex in the air!!

treff

Well done Mda1701d sounds like your having great fun over there in the wilds of Norfolk, cause you got it easy there, its flat lol Just kidding
Nice to hear your enjoying the hobby. Good luck with "that damn Trex" Cheers

Top Bottom