General Blade 360 Fusion Smart - main gear change

Blade93

Had a crash with my 360 a few days ago and, amongst other things, approx 3 teeth have been chewed on the main gear, so need to replace it. Never done this before, so somewhat unsure of the steps. Can anyone guide me or point me towards a decent Youtube video (if one exists)? Thank you.

buel williams

Had a crash with my 360 a few days ago and, amongst other things, approx 3 teeth have been chewed on the main gear, so need to replace it. Never done this before, so somewhat unsure of the steps. Can anyone guide me or point me towards a decent Youtube video (if one exists)? Thank you.
If you have the tools it 's pretty easy just pop off your links from swash plate to servos remove jesus bolt in bottom of main shaft and pull shaft out. your gears will be free. your manual shows break down of gears. separate gears from break down install new main gear and reverse process to install.

Blade93

I thought you had to push the tail boom forward a bit to loosen the tension on the rubber belt, then take the belt off the drive puller. Yes?

Heelroper

This post is to clerify the main gear replacement procedure. This is assuming the head and main shaft have been removed.
Loosen the tail boom and push it into the main frame to loosen the tail drive belt. Lift the belt off the gear drive.
Then remove two screws one on each side of the frame so that the plate UNDER the main gear will pivot away from the gear slightly and this will allow you to pull the main gear out either side of the frame. If you don't drop that lower plate the main gear can't come out because it sits in a little cup.
Once it's out just spin the tail belt gear off the main gear hub. At this point you will see the screws that hold the working's together. Getting it out is the issue and knowing this little proceedure will make it easier for the next guy.

grissk

Hi all, thanks for the above tips and I've got the main gear & belt pulley out. Undone the three screws that hold the silver plate on, But I can't work out how you seperate the main gear from the belt pulley. Any help greatly received

Attachments

• IMG20230722134325 (Small).jpg
    IMG20230722134325 (Small).jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom