450 Blade 450 3D

Rackman

of course looking back now I see that they did also have a Flybar style so as long a you go with the CCPM 120* swash & and set your swash mix's all at 60 for elev, aile, pitch you'll have a go safe starting point .. but hey any questions just chimp in and one of us should have a way of giving you a hand...Happy Flying :biggrin1::beerchug:

EagleRiverMike

Blade 450 3D Mechanical Setup tutorial - YouTube ... I'm sure that your probably working with a flybarless unit. just a bit of advise from my experience is I remove all my blades Rotorhead & tail blades, of course remembering there direction when they were removed. By doing so as you spool up you then can observe your shafts to insure everything is looking straight ... but take just a few minuets to watch this video will be a great help..
Blade 450 3D Mechanical Setup tutorial - YouTube
This is the 450 3D which does have the flybar... Good suggestion on removing all blades and then observe during spin up....
Thanks,
Mike

EagleRiverMike

I was also wondering about this gyro....read somewhere that vibration can render it insane.....adding foam double stick tape under it I read might help....
Darn thing just goes into a tail spin right at lift-off....
Mike

Geena

Staff member
I was also wondering about this gyro....read somewhere that vibration can render it insane.....adding foam double stick tape under it I read might help....
Darn thing just goes into a tail spin right at lift-off....
Mike
It will do that if the gyro is correcting in the wrong direction too. Even though you have the rudder servos operating in the correct direction, the gyro can still be correcting in the wrong direction. So make sure that the gyro is setup properly. The gyro should input right rudder when you rotate the helicopter`s nose to the left, and input left rudder when you rotate it to the right. Another possible reason, is that you have the gyro in rate mode, which will cause the gyro to not correct at all.

Foam tape is a good idea, or you can use two pieces of 3M outdoor mounting tape, which you can get at any walmart. Back in the day, we used to use gyro plates on our helicopters. A gyro plate is a small metal plate, that goes under the gyro. The plate was fixed to the airframe, and then the gyro was fixed to the plate. I doubt you can even find them these days though, but foam tape or two pieces of 3M will do the trick.

Top Bottom