Trucks Breakage lol

Adam

Well Sam and Tony you are gonna love this one. I really got the Tmaxx running great I put a new one way bearing on it and got this thing running awesome it does take some fine tuning dont it lol. So im just screwing around the house and flew over the curb into a garbage can. I thought i won but i was wrong. Your lucky all you popped was the shock. I cracked my first bulkhead lol. Im debating epoxying it for time being any thoughts.

Tony

Staff member
I figured you would kill an A Arm before a bulkhead lol. I would just order a new one, they are not that expensive. I'm glad you got it screaming though. Next time, remember, the trash can has the right of way hahahahaha.

Adam

Well the first time i ran it into a 4x4 post i had to unscrew the bottom screw and align the bottom a arm up again lol. Well now this is the other side and besides replacing the bulkhead i also need a new screw for the a arm lol. the funny thing is it still handles like a charm bahahahaha. Im in a good mood can you tell

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, sounds like you are having a blast with this thing. So, how much fuel have you went through so far?

Adam

Little over a quarter of a gallon.
Ok i tried posting a picture and it just came back undefined what did i do wrong

Tony

Staff member
Depends on what browser you are running. If your running IE9, you shouldn't be getting that error. If you are running any other browser, when you open up the uploader, on the bottom right there is a link (Use Basic Uploader). You will Have to click that. I'm hoping an update will fix this picture issue and I'm going to try to do it this weekend.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sounds like you were having fun!! LOL. Just get a new bulkhead. Glue won't hold. Just stay away from Integy parts! Watch out for them garbage cans! There much bigger than you are! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
What's wrong with Integy? Back when I was racing they were up there with Trinity and RPM.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
What's wrong with Integy? Back when I was racing they were up there with Trinity and RPM.

Right now there bad mouth by all something about cast part instead of machined. Lots of breakage! For same amount of cash you can buy much better quality parts. Just go to the Traxxas nitro t maxx forum and read. Traxxas.com community and nitro t max forum. Even my lhs dosen't like them and they sell them.

Adam

I took it all apart and put it back together for now lol. it is still operational for now. I have one missing screw for cross brace one bent lower control arm screw that runs threw the bulkhead but other than that it doesnt even look like it was broke lol. And yes i will be getting new ones. This thing is a blast i will be taking it out to the land today to see what else i can break. We have flooding and terrible weather so the heli has to wait this weekend out.

Adam

Ok so i ran it out at the land and a plane flew over and it seemed like it interfered a little. So i waited and ran again I was running too lean and i brought it back in but it took off full throttle when i caught up to it i picked it up and pinched the fuel line. I figured maybe my batteries in the tx were dead so i replaced them. Went to start it again and now the glow plug is shot. Does any of this make sense?

Tony

Staff member
Running at full throttle for a long time will burn them out if it's too lean. It's a good idea to keep 3 or 4 of them in your box with you when you go out along with a 5/16" nut driver.

Adam

No it took off full throttle like my tx was not working. How long will batteries last in a tx for these and is there a warning for low batteries or not. The truck took off full throttle into long grass and then i shut it down replaced the batteries in tx and then found out i burned the glow plug.

Tony

Staff member
Um, it all depends on your batteries that you are using. If I were you, I would invest in a 5 cell Rx pack for that truck. That way you can recharge it. If you run this truck a lot, it will pay for it's self. They are about $20 if I remember correctly.

Adam

Oh the batteries in the truck were just replaced for this run. A plane flew above and it was like i lost control. i stopped shut everything down turned the tx on and then the truck and started again and then the truck took off full throttle and i had no control at all. can a truck still take off if the tx is dead? Just a question so i can figure out what happened. i put new batteries in the tx but i do not know if this resolved my problem since i burned up the glow plug

Tony

Staff member
Yes, if the servo gets stuck and the throttle is wide open, it will take off like a bat out of hell. Been there, and lost some expensive parts because of it lol. Your transmitter will start blinking and beeping when those batteries are low, but the receiver pack wont' give you any warning. You can order a deal that will tell you the voltage of them though. Not sure where, but they are out there. You can also get a temp gauge that stays on the truck and has a wire that goes around the head. Great investment if you ask me.

Top Bottom