700 charger

buel williams

Looking around for 12s charger either expensive or DC only. DC only how does that work anyway. any advice would be helpful.

Geena

Staff member
D/C only requires a power supply, or supplies. I have a Powerlab PL8X2, which is powered by two 75A 1800W 24V power supplies. Most of the A/C-D/C chargers I have seen will only charge up to a 6s battery. But there might be a few that will go to 12s.

buel williams

D/C only requires a power supply, or supplies. I have a Powerlab PL8X2, which is powered by two 75A 1800W 24V power supplies. Most of the A/C-D/C chargers I have seen will only charge up to a 6s battery. But there might be a few that will go to 12s.
thank you for the info, will look into that.

Tony

Staff member
To make your search a little easier, a 12s pack will charge as 2 6s packs, so you only need a 6s charger and a paraboard. I myself purchased the iCharger S6 or 6S, can't remember off the top of my head, and it's an 1100w charger. You will need a power supply like mentioned by Geena above still for anything DC. And the PL8X2 is an amazing charger, I just didn't find it was in my budget or it would be in my possession lol.

buel williams

To make your search a little easier, a 12s pack will charge as 2 6s packs, so you only need a 6s charger and a paraboard. I myself purchased the iCharger S6 or 6S, can't remember off the top of my head, and it's an 1100w charger. You will need a power supply like mentioned by Geena above still for anything DC. And the PL8X2 is an amazing charger, I just didn't find it was in my budget or it would be in my possession lol.
So I can charge a 12s with my venom and a paraboard? If this correct do I need DC power? Can you tell me what to look for in a paraboard.

Tony

Staff member
Can you send me a link to your battery and charger so I know exactly what I'm working with?

buel williams

Can you send me a link to your battery and charger so I know exactly what I'm working with?
I don't have anything 12s yet. My charger is a vanom 80w x2. Just want to 12s finished a 700 synergy tonight give her a go tomorrow. powering with 2 6s and hate all the extra batt harness.

Tony

Staff member
With that one being a dual charger, you don't need the paraboard. Just plug one 6s into one side, and the other 6s into the other side and run with it.

I will say this though, for a 700, you likely have 5000mah packs and you will want to upgrade after a while. Will your charger charge those batteries? Absolutely! However it will take a bit of time to do so. If you have a 1000w charger or the like, it will be able to max out the battery charge rate, rather than maxing out the charger charge rate.

So with the title of the thread in looking for a charger, the one that Geena posted is fantastic! It is an investment, so it's a "Buy Once, Cry Once" situation, and you are done. If you want to save some money (like I did), you can look into the charger that I have, the iCharger S6. I will post links to both of those below.

For a power supply, as most higher end chargers are DC only and will require a power supply that is over 24 volts, check out my video on making a power supply. Mine has worked perfectly. The one that Geena has is a plug and play solution though and is a fantastic PSU! Again, everything is below.

iCharger S6:
Amazon product
Having trouble locating the Powerlab PL8 X2 so posting a link to a site that I have never heard of just so you can see it.

I think this is the PSU Geena has. And Buddy RC is another FANTASTIC website. I have purchased multiple items from them.

Parallel Charge Board: I listed a search (Progressive is a great company!) for parallel board as there are different plugs.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=parallel...e33c56ac07281&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

And here is a list to my charge PSU build here on the site in the Article section:

buel williams

With that one being a dual charger, you don't need the paraboard. Just plug one 6s into one side, and the other 6s into the other side and run with it.

I will say this though, for a 700, you likely have 5000mah packs and you will want to upgrade after a while. Will your charger charge those batteries? Absolutely! However it will take a bit of time to do so. If you have a 1000w charger or the like, it will be able to max out the battery charge rate, rather than maxing out the charger charge rate.

So with the title of the thread in looking for a charger, the one that Geena posted is fantastic! It is an investment, so it's a "Buy Once, Cry Once" situation, and you are done. If you want to save some money (like I did), you can look into the charger that I have, the iCharger S6. I will post links to both of those below.

For a power supply, as most higher end chargers are DC only and will require a power supply that is over 24 volts, check out my video on making a power supply. Mine has worked perfectly. The one that Geena has is a plug and play solution though and is a fantastic PSU! Again, everything is below.

iCharger S6:
Amazon product
Having trouble locating the Powerlab PL8 X2 so posting a link to a site that I have never heard of just so you can see it.

I think this is the PSU Geena has. And Buddy RC is another FANTASTIC website. I have purchased multiple items from them.

Parallel Charge Board: I listed a search (Progressive is a great company!) for parallel board as there are different plugs.
Amazon.com : parallel

And here is a list to my charge PSU build here on the site in the Article section:
Ok thanks for all the info. Got to get some sleep giving the 700 a go tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, that's easy. Just upload the video file to youtube, then post the link here. Youtube, Vimeo, any of the video sites.

buel williams

Ah, that's easy. Just upload the video file to youtube, then post the link here. Youtube, Vimeo, any of the video sites.
Yea that's easy for you I'll get some younger help and see what I can do. Thanks again and good night my friend.

Tony

Staff member
If you have any questions, just hit me up and I will see what I can do. Taking it from the phone to youtube is very easy with the app. Good night Buel! Best of luck tomorrow!

Geena

Staff member

iCharger S6:
Amazon product

Amazon.com : parallel

Tony.... It`s going to be hard to find a powerlab these days. They stopped making them a while back, and those of us who have them...will not be letting go of them any time soon. LOL

Tony

Staff member
I hadn't done the research yet, but I had a feeling that's what was going on. Sad as they have absolutely awesome products! I wish I could have justified the purchase, especially now! Thanks for the update.

buel williams

I hadn't done the research yet, but I had a feeling that's what was going on. Sad as they have absolutely awesome products! I wish I could have justified the purchase, especially now! Thanks for the update.
700 maiden hover went very well, still working on video.

Top Bottom