500 Connected 4651T to MB

Harford

This is a repeat of the question I have just posted in my 24 Feb post - not sure if I should have added to that or created a new post. In any event, sorry for the duplication. I have a further question please. If I look of the Microbeast website, there is an explanation about how to connect the SP4651T to the MB. This involves (as I understand it) the connector which comes with the 4651T plugged into the side of the MB, but necessitates changing the wiring on the plug to effect a polarity change. Quite challenging with such a small plug ! I had understood from the previous correspondence that I could using the SRXL2 adapter cable, which I assumed is the same cable from Spirit Systems I have used in the past to connect a 4651T to a Spirit unit. Is this correct and if yes, can you please explain how I connect this adapter to the MB. Many thanks

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
BXA76401 is the cable that I used. Its actually the governor sensor cable. And then just went by the picture they have in the manual. It wasn't that bad to switch the wires the problem is going to be finding the BXA76401 cable. I ordered mine from overseas.

Attachments

• SRXL2.png
    SRXL2.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 4

Harford

Many thanks. I see the reference to the BXA76401 on the MB website. Silly question no doubt, but what do I need to connect the BXA76401 to the SP4651 as the SP4651 does not take a JR plug. Thanks again

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I see what you're saying. When I did it, I was using a AR8020T receiver. They have a SRXL2 port on the servo plug side. I'm thinking you could make it pretty easily. The 76401 has a 6 pin connector and the 4651 is 4 pin. I mentioned I have never used the 4651 serial receiver so I don't want to say something that is wrong. You can try to email the BeastX folks. I have and they answer fairly quick.

Harford

Thank you. I am leaning towards following the instructions on the MB website for the 4651T which involves changing the polarity on the JST ultra light connector. This will require some research on my part !

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
BEcareful changing polarity. It might work for the JST connector but it can damage some other electronics like esc, motor.

Harford

Thank you for this. The alteration involves a polarity change only between the Receiver (4651T) and the Microbeast unit, strictly in line with MB instructions. If I don't do this apparently, I will ruin the MB unit. No changes elsewhere, connections as normal. Appreciate the warning though.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's not hard to do, just reversing + and -. Its a tiny plug I know but I just double and triple checked before I plugged it in. Regarding your question, what do I need to connect the BXA76401 to the SP4651. Looks like you can use a SRXL2 satellite wire. They have 4 pins and since your only using 3, it should work. Thats what they are showing on the page I'm sure you've seen already.

Attachments

• SRXL2-2.png
    SRXL2-2.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 4

Harford

Thanks for this. If I can alter the polarity on the JST ultra light plug as suggested on the MB website, then I understand I can simply use the lead which comes with the 4651T with nothing additional required. I might be wrong but I am assuming if I do this no need to buy the BXA76401.

Top Bottom