600 curves and mixture

buel williams

hi there hope all is well. what might be a good throttle and pitch curve on a 580 goblin general flight and mixture setting os engine on align 600

Geena

Staff member
Throttle curve on a nitro is usually going to depend on what governor you`re running. some nitro governors want a linear curve on normal mode and a V curve on IU1 and 2. whereas others want a flat curve. For general sport style flying, I would try a pitch curve of 40%, 45% 50% 75%, 100% for normal mode and keep linear ( 0-100 ) curves for IU1 and 2.

Needle settings for the engine are going to vary for several reasons. temperature, humidity, percentage of nitro in the fuel, and the engine itself. even the elevation where you are can affect it. The best thing to do for tuning, is to start rich, and work it up from there. Tune it until it`s making decent power and then run it. You`ll have to richen it a little when flying in cold weather and lean it a little bit when the weather is hot. But you shouldn`t have to go more than a few clicks either way.

buel williams

Throttle curve on a nitro is usually going to depend on what governor you`re running. some nitro governors want a linear curve on normal mode and a V curve on IU1 and 2. whereas others want a flat curve. For general sport style flying, I would try a pitch curve of 40%, 45% 50% 75%, 100% for normal mode and keep linear ( 0-100 ) curves for IU1 and 2.

Needle settings for the engine are going to vary for several reasons. temperature, humidity, percentage of nitro in the fuel, and the engine itself. even the elevation where you are can affect it. The best thing to do for tuning, is to start rich, and work it up from there. Tune it until it`s making decent power and then run it. You`ll have to richen it a little when flying in cold weather and lean it a little bit when the weather is hot. But you shouldn`t have to go more than a few clicks either way.
thank you for the reply. the curves I was asking about is on my electric goblin 580. and the mixture setting on nitro I am trying not run to lean I already trashed a piston and sleeve doing that.

Top Bottom