Flight Controllers Dx6i Settings For Kk2.1.5 On A F550 Hexacopter.

Jimmy Foster

F550 hexacopter settings with a kk2.1.5 flight controller board. Does anyone have any good setups they wouldnt care to get me started out with???

Last edited:

Stambo

First thing I would do is throw that KK2 as far away as you can.
You may get it to fly but I doubt if it will ever fly well.
They got many of us flying in the past but a modern flight controller is so much better.
Even the Naze32 is now considered obsolete.
Get yourself a decent F4 or F7 board, there are heaps of guides out there that will help and they are not super expensive.
Just make sure you get one with enough outputs for your hex.

Admiral

Firstly I agree with Stambo it's real old technology with an 8 Bit processor as compared to 32 Bit on later boards, having said that my first KK2 flew a F450 straight out of the box with minimum setup basically number of motors. I soon found that I was limited and moved up to a Naze32, I have sold most of my drones but if I ever pull the remaining ones off the shelf I suppose I'll have to upgrade to a later board.

Go to Youtube there is a complete series of setup videos for the KK2 on an F550 if you decide to go that way.

Last edited:

Jimmy Foster

First thing I would do is throw that KK2 as far away as you can.
You may get it to fly but I doubt if it will ever fly well.
They got many of us flying in the past but a modern flight controller is so much better.
Even the Naze32 is now considered obsolete.
Get yourself a decent F4 or F7 board, there are heaps of guides out there that will help and they are not super expensive.
Just make sure you get one with enough outputs for your hex.
what about an sp racing f3+osd integrate? and how would i go about hooking it up on my hex?

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jimmy, I am sorry it has taken so long to get to this thread. The questions you posted above are pretty general and the best we can do with those questions is give general answers which, don't actually help much. There are a lot of F3 boards out there (and congrats on getting the F3 for your first board and not the F4 which is VERY sensitive to vibrations) and knowing the exact setup you need and the exact wiring is close to impossible without knowing exactly what board you have. We are always happy to help, but please try to give as many specifics as you can when asking a question so we can give the most accurate answers.

Top Bottom