Electronics How To Section

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Electronics How To Section

Hello and welcome to the All New RCH Electronics How To section! This section has taken the place of the Helpful How-To that was in the forum before. In an effort to keep the forum clean and keep the information easy to access, we have moved everything into this section.

On the left side, after you clicked on the How To link, you will notice that there are now more links just below it all with blue "+" signs to the left of them. If you click on those + signs, it will open up the content that is within each section.

You can also, instead of clicking on the blue sign, you can click on teh link to see the information within that section. at this time, not all sections have content, but I am working on getting it all filled in. Please give me time.

If you have any questions, just reply below this thread and I will help you out!

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Glen shelley

Hi there
Please help me I have a align trex 600 Heli
I am about to wire in the 3gx gyro ,castle esc,and the Bec with my specktrum 6 channel reciever
I have got the info from your fantastic instruction on you tube and wired it all
I have now come to wire the lead from the Bec and all the connections have been taken
Where do I put this lead and how do I bind the reciever etc to my specktrum 6i tx
Sorry for a daft question but I am relatively new to the hobby
Many thanks
Glen

Tony

Staff member
Never apologize for asking a question Glen, we are always happy to help!

If you are using a 6 ch Rx, there should be a Bat/Bind port. Plug your BEC into the throttle port and stick the bind plug in and bind the Rx to the Tx. Once that is done, remove the bind plug and put the BEC into the bat/bind port, ESC in the throttle port and so on. You should have just enough ports on there to do this. There should be 7 ports on that Tx including the bat/bind port. If there is not, you might have to look into getting something like the AR6210 or even an AR7000 since all ports will accept BEC power.

Let me know what Rx you have and/or if this has answered your question.

Glen shelley

Thank you so much Tony
What happens to the power lead from the 3gx gyro sbus /bind port to the spectrum ar6210 receiver bat/bind port already fitted
Thanks again for the quick response
Glen

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, I forgot about that wire lol.

Hm, that make this rather difficult. Your bind port on the 3GX, I don't think, will accept power. But, you can try plugging your BEC into that port (lower right while you are lookign at the pins) and see if it will power not only the 3GX, but also your Rx.

IMO, and I know you don't want to hear this, is to get a 7+ channel Tx. I konw money is tight, trust me I know. But on a 600, they pretty much assume that people will have more channels. IMO, I would suggest the DX8 or DX9. The 8 can be had pretty cheap now days.

At the very least, if plugging the BEC into the bind port on the 3GX doesn't work, you are going to have to get an AR7000 Rx so you have an extra port.

Just thought of this. Grab a Y harness with a single male end to plug into the batt/bind port of your Rx with two female ends to plug the BEC into as well as the wire going to the 3GX to power it. This will allow you to gain power from the BEC as well as get power to the 3GX.

Glen shelley

That's great Tony I will try the y lead
Do you think I could use the same y lead that I use with my servos on my planes

Regards
Glen

Tony

Staff member
As long as the wires are big enough, you should be just fine. I think the power wires for a 600 size heli need to be a minimum of 22ga. Remember, the 600 size servos draw quite a bit of power, and teh last thing I want to happen is it burn a wire and the heli come crashing down. That would be no bueno!

Glen shelley

Thanks for all your help Tony I will hopefully be able to buy a male to two female y lead to overcome the problem
Thank you once again
Glen

Glen shelley

Hi Tony
I have now inserted a y lead into the bind port and put both the power leads in from the 3gx and the Bec
How do I bind the receiver now

Kindest regards
Glen

Tony

Staff member
You will first bind the Rx with the BEC in another port (any port will power it) and put the bind plug in the bind plug and bind as usual. Once bind is complete, power off, and plug in all the wires as they should be.

Top Bottom