Emax ES09MD Servo Review

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Emax Es09md Servo Review

After a few members told me about these servos, I hit up Jason over at Banggood to see if I could get my hands on them. He agreed and sent them to me. In the video below, I explain the servos which are already installed in my SE V2. If it could have gone wrong, it did go wrong on this video. Including completely smashing my helicopter into the ground on a test flight, but this was not the fault of the servos, they did exactly what they were supposed to do. Have a watch and tell me what you think. And don't forget to give this video a thumbs up.

Emax ES09MD Servo Review - YouTube

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

trainrider06

That was a Great review Tony, I told ya they are surprisingly very decent servos! The price is just great on em too! Very tough ones also surprisingly! They are a really nice servo for anyone in a pinch wanting to fly and maybe budget stuck. Can't beat em!
I have 3 of the EMax D08's on one of my Blade SR's that they have been working great!

Tony

Staff member
One thing I forgot to do in this video is open one of the servos up and show the gears. It's been well noted in the reviews that it's not "all metal gear" and surely enough, the first gear off the motor is plastic. But, I slammed my helicopter into the ground, breaking one of the servo arms and it didn't strip that gear. I was quite surprised. I'm waiting for the comments to come in that I didn't show the gears, or that it's plastic and it's crap and so on. When that happens, I will make another video showing the broke arm, and crashed helicopter, and show them that it will take a crash. better than the blades anyway lol.

trainrider06

A lot of those "metal gear" servo's are not actually all metal, even my DS 430's are not all metal, there is 1 little tiny gear in that set that is plastic as can be!

KLA

Those EMax servos are pretty good servos. I have the
ES09MD's on my HK 250 and the ES08MD's on my SR and both sets work great. They are both extremely well priced, especially on eBay, which is where I got both sets of mine and didn't have to wait for 2 months. Lol!!!

RandyDSok

You could easily make a servo centering gauge to measure the ability of a servo to maintain and return to it's center point.

Take a 4"-6" wire that can fit into the hole on a servo arm. Bend a 90° on one end and put it through the servo arm using hot glue ( so you can remove it later ) to fix it into place. Mount the servo into whatever is available and center it with the radio. Using some card stock ( or even a ruler if you wish ) mark where the end of the wire is pointing at. Bang the sticks a bit, take note of where the servo returns to each time... This should provide a pretty nice idea of the accuracy of the servo... If you wish, you can also find out how much deflection angle the servo actually is able to provide as well by marking the end points of the travel.

KLA

That's a pretty awesome tip, Randy. Thanks for sharing. It will definitely come in handy in the future.

Top Bottom