Finally back in the air, FOR REAL this time

murankar

Staff member
I just got back from the Soccer field and boy it felt great to actually do something other than hovering. While I still have a very slight bobble from time to time its stil flyable. The first back out I did some side to side flying , still not comfortable to do and turns. I would get out a bit and stop, slowly piro to the left and fly left. I also did some pitch pumps and it want to pull left while in the clime. The tail seamed to stay flat on the climb but since it was tail in I could not really tell. I should have redone the auto trim while I was there but I wanted to just fly.

On the second pack I did much of the same thing but added left and right piros. It spun almost perfectly flat, very little drift. I also found I like to drop the collective while spinning left and I also got comfortable with adjust for it while spinning. I know I dont have videos yet, I am hoping to have something rigged up by next weekends funfly.

My goal is to fly after work every day on my way home from work. I pass the Soccer fields on the way home. I really want to get over the hump of making banked turns. If I fly every day I am sure to get it going before next weekend.

If the Kbar is this good I can only imagine what a Vbar Neo would be like. Maybe at tax time I can get the Neo and some spares. I was going to try and do a 6S upgrade but I think I will keep this 3s setup and just get blades, spares and a Neo. Time will tell.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey murankar, I think you would like a 6s set up on your X3. That just me talking. I also switch from TT to belt drive and I'm using 362mm blades instead of 360mm. The extra 2 mm makes a differences "That what she said" LOL. Like you said, time will tell. I'm glad to here the X3 is back in the air. Good luck and happy flying.

murankar

Staff member
I am not converting to belt. You keep telling me this and I keep telling you I am not, lol. Seriously I have no interest in belt drive right now. I have flown belts before and I do like them.

Depending on what transpires of the next few months I may make the 6s upgrade. Right now I am not finding the batteries I want. The only battery I can find is Pulse ultra 1350mAh 35c packs. I was kind of hoping for 1400 to 1550 mAh. I want to get in touch with revolectrix and see if they have packs that will work. Let's see how things play out going into winter. I won't invest in packs until march.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry, I'll leave you alone on the belt. Hobby partz has Gen Ace 40c 6s/1600mah for $41.95 If or when your ready to look.

murankar

Staff member
That's one brand I have not checked yet. I don't have any issues with gens ace, used them for 2,years. I have heard that they have dropped in quality. I have looked at pulse, spider, revolectrix, glacier and have almost found something. This is a dream state at this point. I would have to get a new motif batteries and blades. The motor alone is $93 plus almost $200 for batteries plus $80 for blades. Damn near a goblin 380 combo kit.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom