First outside flights in a while

Slobberdog

Well I got out this morning with the 130x as I had a little time before we had anything planned, took the little bird up to a local car park that's not used on weekends, and its big enough for the 130x to fly comfortably, only down side was the 1 degree temperature,

Put three batteries through the bird, and with the exception of the head wobble due to dirty servos she did not miss a beat, although the cleaning of the servos is getting a bit of a bore,

I will say I am getting used to slower fwd flight due to having more control with the Dx8, I am loving that as well, also getting used to controlled turns with more confidence, leaving the flips for now as want to get the basics nailed down, need to do more nose in work though,

And before somebody brings up rules, I did not have any way to hold the camera on my beeny hat to cold for my baseball hat with camera mount,

EyeStation

Good Job Kev. I actually thought you were further along with your progress. I am now starting to learn how to keep the heli more level during forward flight, slowing down the passes. That is my biggest killer on the SIM, was to fast and some of the moves are easier with that speed. But the level slow controlled flying is something Eye am starting to admire.
LOL at Tony's " :banned:

Slobberdog

Tbh eyestation it's never been about how quick I can do things, I just love being able to keep my birds in the air, I did competitive 10th scale buggy racing for a few years back may moons ago and loved the fast moving pace, but getting to be able to fly heli's for me have never been about how quick I can get to my goal, it's more about having control and confidence,

I can hold a steady hover all day, feel comfortable now with slow manoeuvres in front of me and quick passes with piro turns and regular turns, I like just getting the heli in the air.........

And yes fast moves are easier than slow, but you don't have the space to fly fast all the time.

Lee

Good to get out Kev. I got two flights in today, but frozen fingers stopped play and i scurried back in doors. :D

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to have to learn you people. You were supposed to say, "Thank you sir, may I have another" hahahahaha :rotflmao:

Top Bottom