flying today, didn't think it would happens.

murankar

Staff member
Forecast is cool, cloudy and some wind. There is a chance for rain but I think it will hold out till I leave. I am flying at BLORA and there is almost no one here.

I got three packs down, one of those is on charge, one is ready to go and the third is waiting for juice. I now have three videos waiting to upload and I may even get more. I am not sure how many My goal for today is 9 fights or more just depends on the kids. They are at the playground while I fly. I am glad they know the rules when the heli goes airborne.

So far I had a real close call on my second pack. I didn't get to tense this time, Just went through the motions to save it. Most of the flights so far have been geared towards side in hover and flight. My left side in is not doing well so I think I will be working that the most. My right side in is doing well. Over all I am doing better and think I am making some progress in orientation. I did on my third pack do a slower piro just to see if I can do it without panic. Unfortunately I did get a little tense once the nose was head on.

For the colors I chose, they do work a little on a cloudy day. I hope I can find close to matching skids. I think that's why I am having a slight issue with side in. I could switch to my spray painted orange skids but that would look like crap. When I can see the skids I can tell if it is tilting better.

Almost time to fly again.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Awesome! I remember when doing nose in.... They sure gave me some serious hand shakes LOL. Keep up the good work and you will get there in no time.

murankar

Staff member
Thank you for the encouragement.

I got 6 packs so far. My charging solution is lacking right now. Until I can afford a real solution I'll have to deal with what I have.

I worked on more side in stuff. My left side in is still shaky but getting better. By the 6th pack I managed to get some controlled left to right and right (almost full on right) to left forward flight. I also through in some piros for good measure.

As for the piros, I want to keep adding those in so I continue to build my confidence with them. I am not nearly as scared of those as I was 6 months ago (when I started doing them). Of course with my small break it seems like I have been doing them for that whole time, when in reality it's been only about a month.

I will have video up and ready soon. My goal today is 3 more packs then I will head out with a huge smile on my face.

Now let's go attack the kids while I wait fir the packs to charge.

Lee

Good job Matthias. Nice to get a few consecutive packs under your belt in one session. I got 4 packs in today 4 yesterday, and hoping to get a few more tomorrow. :D

murankar

Staff member
Thank you Lee. IMy final count for the day was 8 packs. My last was just messing around a bit. It was starting to get to dark.

Now for the videos, I have 8 to go through and slice and dice. I guess it's diary time or something.

It feels great to get back to back flights. It really helped in getting calm down and solidifying what I have been working on.

Lets see if tomorrow nets the same thing.

Top Bottom