Quad Furibee X140 Setup

bigone5500

I'm trying to get this thing setup. I finally got it to bind. I also upgraded the firmware. Now I get an error from windows that a USB device has malfunctioned. My gyro is going crazy too. Also, gyro is grayed out now. When I updated the firmware, it automatically listed it as beebrain V2F. or something to that extent. The manual says it has Omnibus F3. There isn't a selection for that. What could be going wrong?

Tony

Staff member
Beebrain? I have no idea what that is and never heard of it. Try putting it back to the stock firmware and see what it does. It may not be compatible with whatever firmware you uploaded. And that is what it looks like.

RandyDSok

If more diagnosing is needed... these are less likely since it would have had to have a failure just at the time that you were working with it, so its possible but unlikely to happen. Still, it's relatively easy to diagnose and isolate other possible causes.

If you have another quad you can test with... plug in another quad and see if it works as expected. If it does, the problem is with the quad in question. If the problem also happens with another quad, then the problem may be the USB port on the computer or the USB cable.

To check if the USB port is at fault, just plug into a different known working USB port.

To check the USB cable, again, just use another cable to test with. Please note there are two types of USB cables that exist. The standard one supports both data and power... and the ones made just for charging only supports power. So make sure to use one that supports data also.

The last place to check... is some type of failure on the computer you were using which could be a hardware or software caused issue. The easy way to check for this is using another computer to see if things work properly or not. I won't go into diagnosing the computer if that's the problem since that requires a lot of other steps.

bigone5500

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I figured it out. This quad does indeed have Omnibus firmware. I flashed it to pre-4.0 and it now works as intended. I have no idea why betaflight thinks it has a beebrain whatever...

@Tony Can you advise on the best way to install an SMA connector to this quad?

bigone5500

I would also like to know if it would be wise to swap the 3030 4-bladed props for 3045 3-bladed ones.

Tony

Staff member
I have said it multiple times on here, the 4 blades are soft and I run Gemfan 3052's on the other one of these quads.

And for sma, you just solder it on.

Tony

Staff member
Well, for some reason my storage drive is not working and if I have this file, it will be on there. I'm trying though.

bigone5500

No biggie. BTW, do you happen to know what camera is on this quad? There is a socket on the back that says GND OSD. I'm wondering what these could plug into.

15685001110001327034438195016427.jpg

Tony

Staff member
It is a runcam clone, and that socket is for a little toggle type thing to work the menu on the camera. If you look up the runcam cameras, you will see the control that I'm talking about. It's like one of those little joystick things. I have never needed it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and I'm trying to get the server fired up so that I can look for the file on there. Again, I can't remember if I actually took one of this quad, but if I did, it should be in a specific file. And if it is in there, I will post it here.

Tony

Staff member
I have no idea why I didn't realize that. I have always called it the X140. Okay, then in that case, I have never known what the X140 is lmao.

Top Bottom