450 Going for it!!!!!!

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Greetings my fellow RC pilots,
If you remember about me saying earlier this year about scratch building a 450 size Sikorsky Sky Crane. Well with encouragement from a friend, will do it. I was discourage in the beginning because couldn't find the transfer box that connects the main boom to the tail rotor boom. But won't let that stop me now. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. First things first is to redraw the scale plans of the bird and start collecting materials and parts needed for the build. I'm thinking about building the fuselage frame out of bass wood strips that's glued with Titebond lll Ultimate wood glue. Used it in the past and it's strong.The helicopter main frame will fit inside the wooden frame and secured at the bottom where you fasten to the skids. Easy access to all componets is a must. The length of the bird will be 36" by 10"high by 12" wide from rear wheel to wheel. Yes she'll be a beast:yahoo:Covering will be either bass wood sheet or a styrene thin sheet. Also looking at making a spring mounted wheel wells to absorb the weight when landing. Everything will be screw in place. This is a perfect time to start a new project and have fun:chickendance:God willing she'll be ready in the spring.

Top Bottom