Hard landing with the 450 pro

Walt

I got up early Sunday morning eager to fly before the wind picked up. The early bird gets the worm. Went out in the back field and all was going well when about two min into flight I lost orientation. I guess I was not fully awake I just did'nt feel locked in. Maybe should have had some coffee before hand. I wish I got this one on video becouse I landed upside down under power in a big old pile of horse poop. Forgot to hit the throttle hold. The good news is Im sure it softened the blow as it was not to bad damage wise. Main blades and shaft, Tail boom, tail blades and shaft. Most of the parts I had on hand. Anyone else ever land in a pile of poo?

murankar

Staff member
That's one crapy landing, lol. Sorry about the crash. We fly we learn. Hope you get airborne soon.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

EyeStation

LOL, not yet!
Sorry to hear of the crash. Were you in Idle up mode? I never hit TH yet because I do not use the Stunt/Idle up mode yet. So I have to learn not to throttle down for to long and keep my head speed up. A good Throttle curve to match my expectations helps.

Derek

I've crashed a plane into a pond before, but never a pile of poo. Sorry to hear about that.

Slobberdog

I have to "pat" you on the back for owning up to that one, crashes are always crap but that's just adding insult to injury

Lee

I've had some crappy landings, but never landings in crap. :D
Get her back in the air soon Walt.

Walt

Yes I was in Idle up mode when it came down. I got the heli apart last night and started to put it back together. just waiting for the main gear it should be here thursday. I cant belive the feathering shaft is not bent. The other odd thing is the motor pinion was all the way down on the motor shaft. Maybe 1/4 of the teeth were meshing together. The main gear is Align 121 Tooth Slant Thread with Align 12 Tooth Helical Motor Pinion Gear. I was thinking of changing the gear ratio to get the head speed up. Is this a good or bad idea ???

- - - Updated - - -

Allmost forgot. Every time I work on my heli I have to wash my hands. IT STINKS !!

murankar

Staff member
As for head speed, I am in the camp of lower head speed and learn the fly. High head speeds are fine bit It tends to hide negative tendencies of the set up or pilot. I have my 450 running around 2500 - 2700 and feel like I have enough power. I do however May need to add a little more pitch.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom