600 Heli fbl set up

Sion

Hi guys
Im in the process of converting my flybar align 600n to fbl, ive purchased a second hand fbl head dfc and im in the process of cutting a deal for a micro beast x v5.2 as my fbl system, my main question is governor do i need one? Currently my heli dose not have one i dont do any 3d flying whatsoever and im not planning on im a boring fair weather flyer, but having said that do fbl require a governor? Also has anyone done this conversion and is there anything I should look out for? As always awesome page and you guys are the best for help! Thank you

Admiral

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum.

No you do not need to have a Governor , they are good don't get me wrong they given you a constant head speed, but similar can be obtained by running a flat throttle curve which I found less complicated. When you get used to it by all means enable the governor but that involves another group of settings you need to deal with, I suggest the KISS principle until you get used to FBL.

Sion

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum.

No you do not need to have a Governor , they are good don't get me wrong they given you a constant head speed, but similar can be obtained by running a flat throttle curve which I found less complicated. When you get used to it by all means enable the governor but that involves another group of settings you need to deal with, I suggest the KISS principle until you get used to FBL.
Awesome stuff thank you. 1 more question kiss principle whats that?

Top Bottom