OwenBeresford

Hello,

My name is Owen and I've put about £450 into my first quad, that's including batteries chargers headset etc. I'm having a few issues and I can't seem to fix them no matter how many YouTube videos I watch.

After drying my KK2.5 I bought a Naze32 board. I successfully flashed and had all motors able to spin up, however when idle, motor one would pulse on and off.

Also now I go into clean flight and baseflight, neither software can 'contact the bootoader' I downloaded STFlashloader, flashed it with that with boot pins shorted and still nothing.

Do I need to buy a new flight controller and/or ESCs? I'm so lost someone please help

Thanks loads in advance, any help at all is appreciated.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Owen and :welcome1:First, If you have the $$$$, get your self a more updated FC with F-4,5,6,7. That Naze is old. Moving on with that FC. I was going to suggest synchronizing the motors but you can't contact the bootloader. Here you go Downloads Install this app into your computer, laptop and so on. This will find your FC and get the booterloader in cleanflight ready for you to update and flash your firmware to your FC. I hope this help :).

OwenBeresford

Hi D.O.G,

Thanks for responding so quickly! I installed the app, however only searches for FC and never finds it. I would obviously prefer to keep costs down, but I will buy a new (and better) fc if I need to.

So you don't think I need to install new ESC's? If so that's a relief, the one's I am using are not in stock anywhere at the moment so would likely mean having to replace all four. Any reccomendations for new gear? the Camera and Tx on this build seem fine, and I think PDB is working correctly as well, although I am no expert. SO would probably just be new FC/ESC?

again, Many thanks :peaceful:

Owen

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your welcome. Don't purchase any electronics just yet. Need to get that FC working with cleanflight and betaflight. If the motors is pulsing, that means you have power going into the esc then the motor. Check all soldering connection too. Bad soldering job will give you problems. PDB is fine. PDB don't really go bad. You have power to the FC so the PDB isn't it. I think that all you need to do is get that FC to recognize bootloader. Once you do, I think you should be able to synchronize the motor and get through the modes set up in cleanflight. Here's a video that might help . I do some investigating on that FC and see what I can find. Good luck :).

OwenBeresford

Thanks so much for all your help. My board isn't like that one, it's a flysky 32. I think I've really bricked it, it won't even open the serial port any more. I'm going to buy one of the ones you said, an f4 I think. Thanks for all your time

RandyDSok

Thanks so much for all your help. My board isn't like that one, it's a flysky 32. I think I've really bricked it, it won't even open the serial port any more. I'm going to buy one of the ones you said, an f4 I think. Thanks for all your time

If you are connecting to the FC using a USB cable ... make certain the cable is one that supports data and not just a charge only cable... USB cables come in both configurations ( charge only and data )

Top Bottom