500 hot motor

RandyDSok

It depends on how many amps you were pulling and how hard you were flying... A Scorpion motor is a hot rod and as such will run hotter than a less hopped up motor when pushed.

Admiral

I've ran Scorpion motors from 250 size to 550 size and they all run hot, always use recommended settings and a couple of drips of lubricant about every 5 or 6 flights never had an issue with them. It's just the nature of the beast. I changed out a (Scorpion) Gaui GM 601 910 KV for a XI Nova which ran much cooler and may have performed a bit better, but I wouldn't hesitate to put the scorpion back in if I needed too.

buel williams

I've ran Scorpion motors from 250 size to 550 size and they all run hot, always use recommended settings and a couple of drips of lubricant about every 5 or 6 flights never had an issue with them. It's just the nature of the beast. I changed out a (Scorpion) Gaui GM 601 910 KV for a XI Nova which ran much cooler and may have performed a bit better, but I wouldn't hesitate to put the scorpion back in if I needed too.
Thank's Admiral that answers my question. this my first scorpion, got my order of lube monday.

murankar

Staff member
Thats customary with scorpions. That's all I run on my helis. Use a temp gun if you have one. Else touch the can after the flight. If you can hols your fingers on there for 3 to 5 seconds without pulling away, then I woukd say your fine.

Yes follow the settings for the motor. Typically it's 8 degrees and what eve poll count you have.

Top Bottom