FBL Gyro Ikon 2 bt fbl

gadget47

So I recently purchased a kraken 580 nitro, torque mini servos and an ikon 2 bt fbl setup. Flew 4 tanks and had the trims set- tank 5 brought with it a servo failure (pitch) and crash. After all was repaired/replaced i have been un able to dial in the tail response/gyro. Even went as far as replacing the tail servo again w no luck. The gyro setting doesn't hold- on the heli- and stays as programed in the ikon. Some damage has to have happened during the crash (ikon says unlikely) so I'm replacing it with the spektrum fc6250hx. I'm sure I'll be flying again with the new unit- ill keep a log of the 6250hx operation as I didn't find much info about it here. I understand ikon 2 has a good rap, but it can't be proven by my experience from the company or their product. Plenty of other mfg out there.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Sorry in hearing about your crash. Good on your part keeping a record. I do the same thing especially when needed to get some ones attention. Hope your bird gets to fly again.

buel williams

So I recently purchased a kraken 580 nitro, torque mini servos and an ikon 2 bt fbl setup. Flew 4 tanks and had the trims set- tank 5 brought with it a servo failure (pitch) and crash. After all was repaired/replaced i have been un able to dial in the tail response/gyro. Even went as far as replacing the tail servo again w no luck. The gyro setting doesn't hold- on the heli- and stays as programed in the ikon. Some damage has to have happened during the crash (ikon says unlikely) so I'm replacing it with the spektrum fc6250hx. I'm sure I'll be flying again with the new unit- ill keep a log of the 6250hx operation as I didn't find much info about it here. I understand ikon 2 has a good rap, but it can't be proven by my experience from the company or their product. Plenty of other mfg out there.
So sorry to hear of your crash. I have a 580 eletric running same servos but use of spectrum 7210. what servo went south on you, cause you've got a little nervous.

gadget47

Torq cl1208 mini. Lost the elevator servo, gyro compensated and slammed the chopper straight down (from 15 ft) I had 5mm gel pad under the ikon 2bt - that got damaged, and the other 2 cyclic servos didn't survive. Btw, building the kit (kraken580) the throttle servo failed- at least heli direct replaced that one- but wouldn't replace the others, or the ikon 2 bt..

RandyDSok

Let me remind everyone ... That because of a single failure happens on any electronics, it shouldn't bring any concern by itself. All electronics, from cheap to high quality are prone to failure. The only time that you should let failures start being a real concern is when failures are being reported by a lot of users. Also remember that people are only prone to reporting failures, they seldom report favorable results very often... so when researching a part, you have to weigh that into the results you are seeing. It would make it much easier if the resellers of the parts would publish their return/failure rates but that is just a fantasy at best with the majority of resellers since it isn't in their advantage in reporting such results.

I can't contribute anything on this or many specific electronics... I'm just pointing that out so people don't over react.

gadget47

Servo first- don Ikon and I deduced that the ikons level compensation actually slammed it into the ground (heli started to pitch back when servo let go, then slammed) ikon unit took a hit on the slam.

buel williams

Servo first- don Ikon and I deduced that the ikons level compensation actually slammed it into the ground (heli started to pitch back when servo let go, then slammed) ikon unit took a hit on the slam.
Ok I'll charge five batts and on batt five I'll load a gun so if it comes down will put it out of it's misery.

gadget47

I'm sure its happenstance, but not willing to test the theory- so I purchased different servos (mfg) and the spektrum fbl controller. just waiting again to go fly. Crashing is inevitable, i prefer to do it on my own without help :) Im also a S.A.D. member of exceptional status (Society of Aircraft Demolishers ) and continue to prove myself worthy yearly

buel williams

I'm sure its happenstance, but not willing to test the theory- so I purchased different servos (mfg) and the spektrum fbl controller. just waiting again to go fly. Crashing is inevitable, i prefer to do it on my own without help :) Im also a S.A.D. member of exceptional status (Society of Aircraft Demolishers ) and continue to prove myself worthy yearly
Now thars just the club for S.A.D where can I sign up.

gadget47

believe it or not
-https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjF5pWdupn1AhXImeAKHRlIAHkQFnoECAIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Frccrashes%2F&usg=AOvVaw2lrgMEo7-prsILfETpQK-M

RandyDSok

sorry, hope i didnt break the posting rules- i got carried away. ;)

No... didn't break any rules that I'm away of ( besides it's your thread )... but you didn't post that link properly... I'm not sure what you were copying but my guess is that you copied the link from a google search instead of from your browsers URL line...

gadget47

Ok- fc6250hx in place and operational-so far the tail gyro is working the way its supposed to. Correction is faster and thoroughly adjustable up and down the scale. My ikon 2 bt unit is definitely no good. I said I would log my experiences with the 6250hx, so I'll start a new thread with that title.

Top Bottom