Ikon Crius Multiwii Bluetooth Adapter Install How To

bbj

A great video about this Bluetooth adapter for the Ikon. This helps with my decision to shelve my 3gx and get the Ikon with the Bluetooth adapter. Again thanks for great informational videos.

Tony

Staff member
I assure you, this will be the best decision you have made yet. It's a great gyro!

guyp

im thinking of upgrading to either the micro beast plus or the iKON. atm i use 3GX and it works great but being a novice I like the idea of the auto level function. Which out of the two would be a better investment?

Tony

Staff member
I didn't know the Beast had the auto level in it. But, never looked into the "plug" version either. If you get the ikon (which is an awesome gyro), make sure your MAIN SHAFT is PERFECTLY PLUMB before you hit that level button. If it's not, the helicopter is going to go off in a weird direction and you may lose control of it.

Tony, I just purchased an IKON FBL unit and Bluetooth adapter. Here's what I found which differs from the info in the video. The Bluetooth adaptor doesn't come up with something like IKON0643 until after you've configured it. To configure it, I had to plug the USB cable in with the Bluetooth adaptor plugged in and then in the "file" menu I chose configure Bluetooth adaptor. I gave it a pairing code of 1234 and a name of IKON1234. Then I powered off the IKON, disconnected the USB cable and powered the heli back on. I then right clicked on the Bluetooth icon in the windows tray and selected "add a device" and when asked for the pairing code, put in 1234 and eureka! I also then saved the configuration in a file I called "basic-bth" so that I didn't overwrite the original file "basic" which I had saved previously. I guess things have changed a bit on the IKON end.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for posting that John, that is some great info! As always, things change. I'm sure this will be very useful to those in the future. Thanks again!

Top Bottom