Flight Controllers Immersion Rc Vortex 250 Pro Bleeping.

Michael Leo

Hey guy's
i'm transfering some of my models onto my new DX8e radio and i made an oopsi in that i seemed to have erased all the important info that enabels the bird to fly...it started when i couldn't make the new TX bind with the Spektrum satilite and i just dug a bigger hole for myself shortly thereafter.
thank god the wife is dead handy with this stuff.
but i need to know what mother board is installed on the Vortex 250 pro 2016 and what firm wear do i need to get some life back into the quad.

rds
Mike.

Tony

Staff member
A Tx change shouldn't have caused any issues with the flight controller. All of the settings in the FC should still be what they were. I did a search on ImmersionRC's website and found that this quad (the pro version) uses the STM32F303 based ('F3') flight controller. It has cleanflight on it so you should be able to low into the FC and find out if any of the serial ports are turned off or under the receiver tab, if you have the wrong receiver selected. This needs to be 2048 not 1024 for the DX8.

If I"m missing something let me know. Just trying to wrap my head around this lol. Below is the link where I got the information about the quad.

Vortex 250 Pro - ImmersionRC Limited

Michael Leo

Sorry for the late reply Tony, after playing around with different settings I'm convinced now the the radio could be the problem here.
I recall binding with my two 450's I encountered problems in I couldn't bind with a dual satilite set up from the 3gx and the only way this bird was going to fly was to add a AR6210 rx and hey presto it bined.
My thinking on this radio is it will only bind with specific ex's & satilites this is more than likely my issue with my vortex 250 even thought they are dsmx&
This dx8e appears to me to be a cheap and cheerful piese of hit

Michael Leo

Sorry guy's signed off by accident ...to conclude I need to do a range test with this radio before I give it the thumbs up ,it's being a bit of a hand full so far ☹

Top Bottom