Little comparison between the Denver AC-5000W and Mobius action cam

DavidDutch

The mobius footage is the top left, the Denver footage is the bottom right.

Just a short comparison between 2 camera's. Since I could not find any comparison I made a small comparison in the hope it will be helpfull for some people.

The mobius footage is the top left, the Denver footage is the bottom right.

the camera's

Denver AC-5000W
- 1080P 30fps, 720P 60fps, 720P 30FPS
- lots of accessoires supplied with it
- wide angle view
- battery life approx 60min
- Wifi

Möbius
- 1080P 30fps, 720P 60fps, 720P 30FPS
- only mount supplied and USB cable
- software to alter all different kind of settings
- battery life approx 70min

The weather conditions were bright Sunny winterday, little windy.

Both recordings are at standard settings.

The Denver you can only alter some settings if you use wifi on android Phone the mobius you can alter a wide variety in software on the PC

It seems the Denver has some kind of stabilisation in it although it is no where to be found in the specifications.

Offcourse when the settings are changed of the mobius you will get a different result.

In the video you can clearly see the Denver has a wider view, also sometimes the colors of the Denver seem to change incorrect, but overall it seems if the Denver shows a little more sharpness.

This greatly depends on the contrast, colors and sharpness setting of the mobius.

Actually I was surprised that the denver was quite good and beside the wrong color changes it was even a little better as the mobius. (just what I think). However this was an ideal day with bright weather. so If it is cloudy the results maybe can change.

I bought the 2 cameras for my quadcopter, but untill now only tried the mobius because its size is for me more convinient to place, and the denver is not that stable on the quadcopter (if use the same plate as the mobius).
a short video of the mobius on my 260 quadcopter can be found here

when people have additional questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them , also if people have requests for comparisons between them in a particular situation also feel free to ask and I will see what I can do.

Remember I own both cameras , I am not sponsored in any kind.
The program used to put both videos together is done in vegas pro, so little loss is on both the videos.

Feel free to share your opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Denver AC5000W was approx. 50USD and the mobius was approx. 70USD

Last edited by a moderator:

EyeStation

That was a good comparison. I do like the wider view of the Denver. And kinda like the yellows it tossed into the greenery for ascetic reasons. But when you got to the sunny side of the evergreens, I would have to say the Mobius did better.
I think the solar exposure @ 1:30 shows a clear advantage to the Denver.
Thanks for the good work.

DavidDutch

it is Always difficult to compare. one has wide lens more light the other you can configure to your liking. some times denver is better sometimes mobius. I tried to mount the denver on the quad but it is not quite stable bewcause it stands upright. When I have my simple gimbal I will do a flight comparison.

But never the less both cameras perform quite good, but actually not expected that the denver would be so close to mobius, only you can not change anyhing. but for 50usd it is not a waste of money.

DavidDutch

just received my simple servo gimbal in the mail, so I will adjust it(to fit the camera) and see if I can get it to work and can place it nicely on the 260 quad. when succeeded I will offcourse post pictures of it. The price of the ginal was 1.91USD incl shipping and 2 servos I still have plenty of them but hey costed 2.5USD so let see if I can make it nicely to work for under 7usd :)

F05560-Tiny-Pan-Tilt-Camera-Platform-Anti-Vibration-Camera-Mount-PTZ-Gimbal-For-Aerial-Photography-9G.jpg

Top Bottom