Projects Losi Raminator Nitro Need Help With My Shaft Bolt To Start Without Pull Start Please!

raminator

Hello I recently just bought a losi ruminator 1/8 scale and it has no pull start or drill start. it has the shaft piece with a bolt. it starts with a drill no problem but if I take the drill bit off it falls out and loses compression. I don't have $40 CAD for a pull start or bolt starter. so maybe you guys have a suggestion? Thankyou and sorry about the name.

Would be very helpful just looking for something fun default_wink.png

if you guys really want a picture ill try its just hard to through my computer. thanks

I have a drill but no screws for the 4 holes.
Canada, ON

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I think we are going to need some pictures to try and explain this a little better. The easiest way to do that is to take the pictures with your phone, then you can get on the forum directly with the phone, or you could email them to yourself and open them up on the computer and upload them that way. If you are not wanting to edit the photos (size, contrast, sharpness and so on) then it's just easier to use the phone.

And if you don't like your name, why did you choose it? lol.

Tony

Staff member
That is actually a OWB, or One Way Bearing. It should spin one way, but lock up and spin the engine the other way. That piece can and will fall off if you try running the truck without the starter on. I'm afraid the only options is to get the pull start.

Nice clear picture though, thank you for that.

raminator

alright, thankyou. are you the youtuber? might have watched a lot of your videos. also you know where to get cheap ones in Canada? I have like $30,

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I'm the one in the videos. Hopefully you won't hold that against me.

Let me do some searching and see what I can come up with.

raminator

ah same for me, its a old and rare truck so I wouldn't be surprised. that's why it was $180 couldn't go wrong for this beast. well ill see if I can find anything and let you know have a nice night or day

Tony

Staff member
I think the Dynamite one might be worth a shot. See if you can find specs on the hex and measure it to see if it will match what you have. Then see if you can find the bolt pattern to bolt it to the back plate on your engine. If those two line up, it will work.

Top Bottom