maiden flight

taizi

hi guys

had the maiden flight of my 250 today, it wasnt long due to battery level but she flew great other than fine tuning, however second flight i got hit by a blast of wind and broke the training skid mount, but seems to of survived, had fun finding bits in the streetlights in the carpark and while crawling underneath a 4x4 to get one of the foam balls, had a chinese security guard show up wondering what i was doing, and after showing him the bits he helped me find the rest, so good on him

just need to find my spare skid mount and will try again tomorrow in the daylight
thanks for help getting my bird in the air even if it was brief

a happy paul

Tony

Staff member
Good deal man, glad you finally got it in the air. Sucks about the wind though, but that's the price for a small heli. They can be a handfull. Hope you have it back in the air soon.

taizi

hehehe i only flew outside because i was too scared to go down to basement parking, it was very dark and spooky and inside was too noisy at 10pm, still as you say always tomorrow
may also be something to do with lack of practice with anything bigger than my mini FP indoor heli

will get trainer rig fixed and try try again:encouragement:

thanks for replies guys

murankar

Staff member
I was shaking as I spooled up. Then when the pop happened that was it
Way to windy today. Although I might try after dinner depending on the wind.

taizi

have flown 5 times and then the tail shaft bearings broke ooops still new bits on the way from uk just have to wait abit, flying is fun when you dont have to fix everything hehehehe (actually i like fixing things aswell but perfer flying them

happy fliying everyone

Marc

I'm with you, I'd rather be flying than sitting on the bench, but fixing them is part of the learning curve! I guess that's where a simulator comes in handy, when you have to wait on parts for ALL your aircraft you have something to do!

Congrats on your maiden of the 250. A land skid on the first time out isn't too bad. The second or third flight of my MiniTitan took me down for those, the tail boom, a cyclic servo and various other parts.

john2012

Banned
Well had my first flight with my 450 dfc with new links on the main blade grips and the split servo mounts,It went well but a little wind came and took my bird 10 ft very quickly down only damage was to the 3g blade chip near the outside edge. Love this bird and yes it is easy to fly.

Slobberdog

John2012 nice to see you got the bird in the air, gutted you had a incident though.

But if you are gonna post this type of post you should be starting your own thread, if your unsure how here's a little help,

At the top of each section, for instance when you go into 450 size helicopters, above thread table there will be a button with post new thread, click on that and you will have your own thread, we are asking you to do this as it helps for people to be able to find advice or experiances that others have had or given, if you thread jack this gets lost and usually confuses people.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Them little birds are a handful...I know the urge to fly is unbearable but you should wait until there is light. as for the dark underground parking lot, stay away.

Slobberdog

ok thanks

Them little birds are a handful...I know the urge to fly is unbearable but you should wait until there is light. as for the dark underground parking lot, stay away.

No problems John2012, it just helps with the confusion and possibly split topics, as you can see here Antony has commented after our posts referencing post 1, which was 5 months ago, and nothing to do with your post,

You will get more help, and clear topics if you start your own threads if you have questions.

Happy postings buddy!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom