Tri Need Help Setting Up Tricopter With Omnibus F4 Pro V2

tampadrones

hello all!

I am in the final staged of getting my tri build finished and I need some help. I am needing to set up the tail rotor servo so the craft can yaw. I have watched several videos but none of them really pertained to my build.

I know I need to enter some resource commands to map the channel to the servo but its a bit over my head. Any videos or help getting this going would be awesome!

Omnibus F4 Pro v2 (Betaflight 3.3.3)

Tony

Staff member
I sure wish I could help with this, but I have never built or even flown a tri. Hoping someone here has done this and can help out.

tampadrones

No worries. I have something else you may be able to help me with... I am not able to get my tri to arm. I have reset my rxrange to make all the channels 1000, 1500, 2000 yet I still cant get it to arm. In the Modes tab, I see the bar going into my area, but its not lighting up.

Tony

Staff member
Unplug it from the computer and try it. I have had this happen before and if you look in CLI it will show an alarm for CLI and something else that is keeping it from arming.

tampadrones

Unplug it from the computer and try it. I have had this happen before and if you look in CLI it will show an alarm for CLI and something else that is keeping it from arming.

Ok yea, that seemed to work! Now to get my tail servo working.... I have movement in the motors tab but I think since I have the F4 board, that I have to wire it to the smart port next to the motor output pins.

TRI OMNIBUS (BF3.1) Notes - RC Groups

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I was on skype or something with another member and he had that same issue. We were banging out heads against the wall for about an hour trying to figure it out. Once we were off the call, he sent me a message and said it was working. I asked him what he did and he said "I unplugged it..." lmao.

Admiral

When I built mine it was a Naze32 and Cleanflight once you select Tricopter in the Configuration page the system assigns the yaw channel to servo and it all works OK from there about the only adjustment is selecting Normal/Reverse to get the servo working the right direction.. I would have thought that Betaflight would have been similar being part of the same family, I have not played with Multicopters much in the last 12 months I have sold most of them, I found they were distracting me from my Helicopters.

Top Bottom