New Pasture

treff

For the first time since I started flying helis some 18months ago I took a 450 out to a new site away from
the very, very small field I fly in. I wanted to get to grips with a little 3D to see if I could do anything with out
landing in a tree or on someones house. It was very interesting and I discovered what I really crap heli
pilot I have become LOL. First attempt was at a nice round loop. It almost came to an end there with the heli going through long
grass at the bottom of the loop PHEW! should have given some negative pitch in there somewhere. Got away with that one.
Next battery I thought I would have a go at a roll. Blimey! some how the dame thing ended up behind me but miles away. I guessed the orientation
and got lucky. Third battery I decided on a simple back flick. Got up to reasonable hight, just in case and pulled back on the stick. For some
unknown reason in my brain I stopped when the heli was inverted, I also forgot to give negative pitch and it was dropping like a stone. I just
reacted at the last and gave full negative. Up it shot like a scolded bloody cat. I was now inverted and it was coming towards me backwards.
Did I panic, cause I panicked I rolled it again but I rolled back to the inverted again and now it was hovering inverted which gave my old grey
matter a fraction to decide what to do. I flipped it back upright and just had enough composure to apply up. I landed.
It was then the police arrived. There's been a lot of stories in the papers here about terrorist using model aircraft to carry
bombs, well it does not take to much imagination to gather what the fuzz was thinking. I was flying about 1000 yards or so
from a wind farm which is near to our house. They were very polite but really had a good look over the heli.
Quite a flying experience and the 450 still in one piece, can't be bad can it.

treff

Yes great fun Lee, just need more batteries. The loop was awesome. I completely
run out of stick, infact almost bent the stick pulling back lol. Bye the way almost ready to start the 5.5
just waiting on a couple of tools and rjx servos then the fun begins.

Admiral

It's all back in one piece, anybody watching from the sidelines would be raving about your ability. LOL

Slobberdog

Nice Treff, I had the cops watching me the other day on my local footy field, after they came and asked me about the heli, but never any worry with them, think some people are just paranoid.....

Top Bottom