New Transmitter New Helicopters

Slobberdog

Well I did not manage to get to the field today, but i did manage to get my 450 DFC on to the new tx,

I stripped out the receiver and re routed a few wires as i was not happy with the position of them, mainly the ESC lead, got the sats fitted, oh and reverted back to V3.1 on the 3Gx.

of course after the revert i had to do the complete DIR setup, but could not believe that the centre position was out on my swash throws so had to do all that as well.

Well i got it all done and took it in the garage to try it out, got it in the air but needed a touch of blade tracking as there was loads of vibes due to this. done that and all was good, oh had to loosen the blades had them slightly to tight as well, this showed up by the swash tilting backwards.

had it in the air for a short while before i realised that i hadn't put any expo in, so put that to 20% same as my dx6i took off again and quickly realised it was to much, so halved it, now the heli feels great, cant wait to get it outdoors.....

So not only does my 450 feel like a new bird but so does my 130xx, the control feel of the Dx8 is amazing, with the 450 in a 20ft x 12ft garage i felt i had loads of control and room.

Derek

That's outstanding, Kev! I remember my first few flights with my DX8. It was such a different feeling. I was amazed. Have fun with it buddy!

damhdearg

The difference in feel of the two radios is amazing, I felt I flew more precisely when I got the DX8. Hope you get to fly through the week.

Slobberdog

Will get some air time tomorrow in the hall, and Wednesday, be nice to get to move around a bit with both the 450 and my 130x, and yes I have been blown away by the difference between the two radios.

Lee

Got to see the new DX9 yesterday. Looks sweet with the solid antenna.
You will love the DX8 its a great radio.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Had it in my hand when I got the 8, just could not quite warrant it, £100 diff in price, the Dx8 is gonna be more than enough for me for a long time,

- - - Updated - - -

And the aerial was maybe what I would have liked most, ah well.

Top Bottom