Trucks nitro rc trucks

Tony

Staff member
It really depends on just how much you want to work on them. If you want clean and very easy to maintain, stick with Electric. But, if you want the max amount of fun, the best smell and sound in the world, and don't mind tuning on them, then go Nitro.

If I had to choose, I would always choose Nitro. There is just no getting over that smell and the feel of the power. I love tuning on them, and know how they are supposed to run though. For a novice, electric all the way.

I love my Team Losi XXXnt.. it's fun to jump, and take flat out. I went ahead ans swapped a dynamite .12 race engine into mine... suprisingly more power, and a higher top end.. although need a tuned pipe for it.

Tony

Staff member
The NT is a great truck, I have raced them, and they are among the best. I always ran a .12 'Rossi motor in mine. Those motors are just stupid fast if you ever have a chance to get your hands on one. Just be ready, pistons and sleeves are about $50.

sadly right now my diff fried.. have to rebuild it.. and just havent gotten to the shop in Yarmouth to get the parts. I live about 2 hrs away from them. Ray Robbins hobby shop is a great place, they moved recently into a bigger store. have quite the selection, unlike my local shop.. my local shop has next to nothing now.. he used to have a whole airplane section.. now its down to just a few linkage parts, screws, and bits of landing gear.. Very sad.... I used to go to him all the time, but usually had to place special orders for anything for the XXXnt, or my old Traxxas Rustler Elec..

Tony

Staff member
you may want to think about ordering over the internet for the parts for that truck. It's a lot cheaper than driving 4 hours unless you have other reasons to go that far.

But I as well have blown a lot of those diff's. I can't remember what I had to do, but I had to mod it in such a way that it wouldn't slip like it did and melt that gear. I was able to go through about two gallons of fuel (racing, with minor practicing for motor tunes) on a single diff. And I'm not easy on the. But that is one of the weak links in this truck sadly.

Top Bottom