One heck of a windy day and 4 good flights

murankar

Staff member
Today was exhilarating and nerve racking also. Winds were blowing more than I would have liked. Today was the first time I charged batteries while at the filed. I modified my 12v connector with a 12v car accessory adapter which allowed to charge at the field. Before it becomes "no video it didn't happen" the video is in the works right now. Battery one is onit's way up to youtube.

Battery one was mostly me getting used to the wind conditions with some side to side flying. I think I did a pyro during that flight cant remember. While landing (auto type) after the second battery I had a real light boom strike. The only way I was able to tell was a slight scuff mark on the boom and a slight mark on the rotor blade. First thing anyone would think is bent, I thought it too. On the start of battery three I made sure there was no vibrations the best I could with the wind and all looked good. I have to say this is a tough bird of prey. Once these videos are all done.

I really am speechless as to how well I think I did. I now know that if it is ever calm I know I can do a lot more. Anyhow once the videos are done I will link them to rch!!!

taizi

good job on the flying, i tend to stay away from the windy stuff because for me its like flying a yoyo and the last time i did with my little V120 it got hit by a gust flipped i dont know which way and proceeded to plant itself in the ground from 20ft up hehehe

Top Bottom