One lucky boy

Slobberdog

Well in another thread I said I had great fun for two packs Sunday evening on my 500, well when flying the second pack my tail would kick maybe 2" when giving small changes in throttle like it was taking up slack then being ok, brought it down and checked it at field and it seemed ok but was not 100% happy, so had a look tonight and found the tail control arm ball loose,

[video=youtube_share;owXcns8anPI]http://youtu.be/owXcns8anPI[/video]

And while I was there I could see a bit more play, and I found something quite alarming, 5 out of six screws in the tail control arms loose, now I know I thread locked them, but they were loose,

I have re done them now but sure as hell I will be checking them after the next few flights, dam right,

Lee

Happened to me the other day Kev. Pitch slider arm was held on by a couple of threads :eek1:

Slobberdog

yeah none of mine was that bad, just because of the speed the ikon can get use out of the tail a tiny bit of play looked mega rough, thought I had put the 130x tail on it, lol

I turned the piro rate up on the ikon, from the beginner setting which was 320 I think to 1000 but could not see the tail piro (way to quick) so had to turn it back down, settled at 600, but man that is still very quick.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Kev, same thing happened to my 550 not that long ago. After my major crash I check everything and it was slack like yours.

I have not played with any settings as it is solid for my easy flying( I am not good enough to notice any difference).

Slobberdog

geez if my 3gx was a 1/10 as good as the Ikon it would still be better than it is now, but the heli has to be set up well to get the best out of it, got to be honest I love the Ikon, but do like the simplicity of the beastx once you get through the first set up,

Slobberdog

Hi Kev, same thing happened to my 550 not that long ago. After my major crash I check everything and it was slack like yours.

I have not played with any settings as it is solid for my easy flying( I am not good enough to notice any difference).

Dude I am not good enough either, but I needed a bit more tail rotation speed than the ikon wanted to give me,

Oh and I have found a new flying pal about 2 miles from my house that gives lessons so meeting up with him at some point so he can give me some pointers,

Top Bottom