Cars Please Help Getting Fed Up!!

Howie P

I got my old car out of the loft and I've spent a few quid ( £200) getting it sorted. I've bought new radio gear, as the steering was twitching, and new servos, along with lots of other bits to make it sexy! But... the servos don't return to neutral when I release the trigger/wheel and they don't stop on maximum turn or throttle, they just try to keep on turning. I don't know whether it's me being a numpty, the wrong servos or faulty kit. I'm desperate to have a play ! Any advice....Please, please and pretty please!

Joe o

I am usually way off. haha But did you try unscrewing the servo horns and taking them off the servos, then turning on your tx then rx letting the servos center then reattach the servo horns?

Howie P

I am usually way off. haha But did you try unscrewing the servo horns and taking them off the servos, then turning on your tx then rx letting the servos center then reattach the servo horns?
Hi. Thank you for your help. I have tried them without the horns. They just go round and round and stop when I release the control. Could I have bought the wrong servos ? I don't know if there are different types. I know you can get different speeds and torque.

RandyDSok

This is certainly not an area that I'm familiar with.... but I do know that if you don't provide info about what make/models of the items you have questions on... no one is going to be able to help. It certainly sounds like you bought the wrong type of servo based on what you said... but without info to base it on... who knows.

Howie P

This is certainly not an area that I'm familiar with.... but I do know that if you don't provide info about what make/models of the items you have questions on... no one is going to be able to help. It certainly sounds like you bought the wrong type of servo based on what you said... but without info to base it on... who knows.

Well I did take some photos of the various parts to add to the original post but due to me being a bit of a numpty I couldn't work out how to add them as it doesn't seem to be as simple as social media. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RandyDSok

On a Windows based computer... you can drag and drop the pics you want onto the post you are making as long as they are small enough ( there is a size limit on most forums ) ... not sure about if a Mac supports that or not ... In either case, there is an "Image" icon button that you can click on and then you just need to point it at the pic you want to upload.

Of course... there is always just typing out what you've got... make/model names are not that long to type out. In fact, pics are often too blurry to read what the model number may be.

It's all up to you... if you want help with what you've got... those are some of the options you have in order to get it....

Howie P

I've sorted it out now. I had inadvertently bought continuous rotation servos, didn't even know they existed. Bought new ones and all ok.

Top Bottom