Pre-flight Inspections Are A Must!!!!

Smoggie

Yes, we all learn from mistakes. Only a couple of months ago I was sitting next to my new Agile 7.2 (700 size heli) at the field making adjustments and I accidentally caused it to spool up!. I grabbed hold of the head and stopped the rotor turning before it had chance to get any speed up, so it didn't do me any harm, but I stripped a gear in the drivetrain and worst of all blew up a brand new 120A ESC.

Talk about stupid!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, we all learn from mistakes. Only a couple of months ago I was sitting next to my new Agile 7.2 (700 size heli) at the field making adjustments and I accidentally caused it to spool up!. I grabbed hold of the head and stopped the rotor turning before it had chance to get any speed up, so it didn't do me any harm, but I stripped a gear in the drivetrain and worst of all blew up a brand new 120A ESC.

Talk about stupid!

Been their:hump:. I accidentally spool up one of my birds:censored:. Ever since that day, I use my throttle hold as soon as the heli binds with the RX.

Tony

Staff member
Steve, that is a fantastic point. ALL helicopters should have a GOOD ESC with SLOW START! It can save a lot of bruises and cuts lol.

Top Bottom