Misc Prop equivalent

bigone5500

I have a quad with 3030-4 props. What is a good 3 blade equivalent? FYI: This is on the Furibee VX140.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
There you go. That should work fine. That's a neat little quad you have there Jared :).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I kind of remember that. I didn't really know what it looks like...I do now lol. It's a bit smaller then my tooth pick quad batch_IMG_1065.JPG I have to custom cut and fit my FPV camera I want to use.

bigone5500

Flew the quad a bit ago and the 3045 3 blade props performed very well. Punch out was very powerful. It also handled well. ...ahem...It also handled the crash well.

bigone5500

This quad is strangely different than my other ones. All the motors have right handed threads on the prop shafts.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
This quad is strangely different than my other ones. All the motors have right handed threads on the prop shafts.

There's nothing weird about your direction of threads on the motors. Some motors are cw/ccw and some motors are right handed threads. My :2c:, I like my right handed threads better because they seem to hold the props on tighter with those lock nuts :). BTW that quad looks good. I'm building that tooth pick quad which is 160 but I prefer the bigger one's, like the 210 in the back ground of the photo because it's a lot steadier and faster :shocked:

Tony

Staff member
Late to the party again. Did I actually sell that to you? I was thinking it was in a closet somewhere, and I was thinking about getting it out and replacing one of the motors on the one that I flew in teh videos. Had a pretty good crash and bent a prop mount.

But yes, they are all right hand threads, which I like for these smaller quads. Not really enough torque to loosen that nut. I'm sure it could, but hasn't happened yet to me.

So, how many more flights do you have on it?

bigone5500

I have flown it probably 6 or 8 times. It actually flies better than my larger quads. I took my Tyro129 out today even though it was a little windy. I printed a small mount so I could attach my action camera to it. That thing flew like crap with the extra weight. All up weight on it was 745g. But as for the VX140, the difference between the 3 and 4 blade props is not really noticeable. I do, however, like the 3 bladed ones better. I just need to get a couple 1050 packs for it so I can fly for more than 3 minutes.

bigone5500

Oh and yes that is the one I got from you early last year. I think you mentioned you had a couple flights on it but it was basically new. It had a FrSky Rx on it.

Tony

Staff member
Um, that one was brand new in the box and never flown. They sent me two of them and I only really needed one lol. I think I may have taken it out of the box to take pictures, and that was it. Never saw power as I do not have a FrSky Tx... I did convert mine over to spektrum that I have...

BTW, live on Twitch if you want to come over and have a chat. Just playing some old skewel games tonight... shameless plug, I know hahaha

bigone5500

Ok. I couldn't remember if you had flown it or not. It may have been the mobula you said that about.

Top Bottom