Re-maiden The G700

David H

After having a goblin 700 for a couple years, sitting on the shelf, I had a friend assist with the maiden on a new Jeti DC 24 at an event in Texas last year. He set up the radio and tweeked it out, got it int the air and handed it over. Never flew it myself until this year. I had traded the DC24 to a DS24 when it finally came out and transferred the setting then went into the ikon and verified.
Yesterday was the day to re-maiden. Very nervous since i crashed my G630 a few weekends ago on its re-maiden with the new radio(newbie mistake....ailerons reversed).
The G700 remained went well. I only hovered a bit, normal mode only. Only problem is a bit of tail wag, I have the gain on a 3 position switch, but none seemed to have any effect. Never got into forward flight.
I believe i will like the 700..has a big presence compared to the others I have flew.

Big shout out to Geena on here for helping me with the setup, couldn't have done it without her help. goblin700.jpg

Smoggie

Congratulations on the safe maiden flight. I'm sure you will get the tail wag sorted easy enough, check that the gain switch adjustment is actually being recognised by the FBL.

Top Bottom