500 Suitable RX with MB Plus

Harford

I am assembling a Trex 500X using a Microbeast FBL controller. I would appreciate some advice on a suitable RX setup. Can I use a Spektrum SPM4651T serial receiver with the Microbeast, and will one only 4651T suffice for this size heli ?

Any advice would be appreciated

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I can give you my 2 cents, if you are using Spektrum your choices are limited. If you want to use a SRXL or single line receiver, you'll have to use the SRXL2. To do that you'll need the 76401 adaptor because the SRXL2 needs to plug into the side of the unit unlike the regular SRXL. There are videos out there on how to do it but it can get confusing. Or you can do the standard receiver setup which will work with any of the new Specktrum receivers. I wouldn't run just one satellite on a 500. Now as far as the 4651T serial receiver, I have never tried that but its the SRXL2 technology so probably need the 76401 also but not 100% on that. Unless you could find a AR7700 left over somewhere, they worked great, but they discontinued them..
T

Smoggie

The 4651t should be enough on it's own, it's a full dual diversity receiver, not like the old generation Spektrum satellites. As Fran says, you will either need to make up a cable or buy the SRXL2 adapter.

Harford

Many thanks for your replies. In the past I have used Spektrum SP9645 satellites on all my helis, but thanks to earlier advice from Smoggie I have started using the 4651T, with an SRXL2 adapter cable connected to Spirit 2 units. In this case I am using a MB unit (simply because I have a spare one lying around) so just wanted to be sure there were no issues using a 4651T with a MB (which I appreciate have been around for a while). Good to know one 4651T will suffice. Thank you again

Harford

I have a further question. If I look of the Microbeast website, there is an explanation about how to connect the SP4651T to the MB. This involves (as I understand it) the connector which comes with the 4651T plugged into the side of the MB, but necessitates changing the wiring on the plug to effect a polarity change. Quite challenging with such a small plug ! I had understood from the above that I could using the SRXL2 adapter cable, which I assumed is the same cable from Spirit Systems I have used in the past to connect a 4651T to a Spirit unit. Is this correct and if yes, can you please explain how I connect this adapter to the MB. Many thanks

Top Bottom