Trucks T-Maxx Engine Break Down

Tony

Staff member
I finally got to the point where I could upload this video. It's been very busy around here with the other projects I have going on.

In this video, which starts off from where the last one left off, I pull the motor out of the Maxx, and tear it down. lets just say, there are some major issues with this engine. Watch the video and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP9Yz3PPx6M

Last edited:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
nice video work again Tony. You make it look easy. Love the technique with the tie wrap to get out the sleeve. That T-Maxx was just plain rode hard.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, it wasn't rode hard, it was just never taken care of. I'm glad I got the deal on them that I did, and now they can run like they are supposed to. There is a lot more to come, including shock rebuilds and how to setup the suspension. but, I still need to go through the Rustler motor, and clean the chassis on that one as well.

I did cheat a little, and found a mud hole for the T-Maxx lmao. That thing is filthy now hahaha. I will try to shoot some more video today and get it edited. Right now, I'm out of 'shot' video and need more.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi Tony, I watched the next video last night on you tube. Don't forget to post a link here so everyone can see it. I personally can't wait to see a video on suspension and shock set up. If you have seen my videos you can see that my t maxx tips over real easy if I turn too fast. Got to be a better set up to reduce the tipping over. I'll be waiting! Lol

Tony

Staff member
What Maxx do you have? Is it just the regular 3.3, or is it the Revo? I ask because the Revo is made for racing and had a much lower CoG. But, I will show you guys a thing or two about how to set these up to not tip over as easy. They still will, but with the new setup, when they do, it will be a violent roll, and not just rolling over on it's top lol.

And thanks about reminding me about that other one. I thought I had posted it here, but guess I forgot to hit submit hahaha. It's been a crazy week. I did try to get some onboard video with a custom mount, but again, the video is horrible. I guess there will be no onboard video with this thing... Suckage...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have the 4907 regular t maxx 3.3. It's was the latest model out last summer. And it rolls over real easy. I just don't want to mess up the go pro rolling it over! Lol I know what you meen about crappy videos. The ones I took I did not like very much compared to the ones I took with the spartan boat. I think the difference is with the boat you can see the deck of the boat giving you something to contrast the water moving by so fast. With the maxx I had the camra angle up to far and much if the shots you can't see the truck hood. All you see is gass going by really fast. You will see when I post up the video. Soon has I get time! Lol

Tony

Staff member
The issue with my video is I have to use my keychain cam, and the vibration of the motor, and the lack of bracing for the mount cause massive high res vibrations, causing waves in the video. Then there is all of the bumps lol. Now that I'm putting 40 weight oil in the shocks instead of 30, it's going ot be worse. Guess I could put some 10 weight in there for videos lol. Wont land off a jump for crap, but would be smoother.

As for your truck, can you put it on the ground, push it down and let it come up under it's own power, then take a level picture of the A arms so I can see their angle. Also, need to see the front and rear shock locations. This will give me a better idea of how to set your truck up. I will also be doing a video on the setup of mine, and why I have it the way I do, what it will cause as far as performance, adn what you can do for different actions. it will be fun.

Top Bottom