500 tail issues

bigwrench

On my Align 500 before I even get off the ground the tail swings around to the right {left turn}. I have to constantly compensate with the rudder stick. I am using the AR7200BX gyro/receiver. Gone through the setup procedure several times with no conclusion.
Any help appreciated.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Howdy bigwrench. What TX are you using and what do you have your tail gyro set at? Just curious and this video might help you out some

bigwrench

Howdy bigwrench. What TX are you using and what do you have your tail gyro set at? Just curious and this video might help you out some
Transmitter DX8e . Gyro set to -55.5% on position 0 and 0% on position 1 switch A

buel williams

On my Align 500 before I even get off the ground the tail swings around to the right {left turn}. I have to constantly compensate with the rudder stick. I am using the AR7200BX gyro/receiver. Gone through the setup procedure several times with no conclusion.
Any help appreciated.
just thinking could it be the tail set at 1520 or 760 depending on sever?

bigwrench

sounds like you have the tail in rate mode, or the tail gyro is reversed. If it is in heading hold, make sure it`s correcting in the right direction.
Where do you change from rate mode to hh mode? And how can I reverse the tail gyro if that is the problem

Rackman

Hello there bigwrench and welcome to the forum.. I'm sure someone will chime in but depending on your transmitter ... it should be listed under your gyro setting ..

buel williams

If the LED on your 7200 is blue your in heading lock mode. All of my 7200's are blue out of the box only red if I change to rate mode. And as Rackman said change in your gyro settings. And reverse tail in servo settings if needed.

Rackman

Hello bigwrench I was just wondering if you were finally able to resolve your issue there with your tail stability.. ?

buel williams

Hey bigwrench if your are heading lock mode,blue LED and your tail direction is correct in your TX you might want to check the mechanical tail centering using servo push rod and you may want to check tail center pulse length on a 500 it may need to be set 760us. If that's the case and you are set at 1520us it will swing to the right.

Top Bottom