Trucks The color is not normal am I correct it's supposed to be clear

Geena

Staff member
Looks normal to me. Every hobby fuel I have seen is pink, green, or blue. Here is a shot of the tank on my Whiplash nitro helicopter. The fuel is Cool Power 30% helicopter fuel.

If the fuel is clear, it`s most likely because the manufacturer forgot to add the dye. Which had happened with a case of VP Power master I got a few years back. VP is supposed to be blue. But all six gallons in that case were clear. It made for some interesting flights, with some ending in engine off auto rotations, due to running out of fuel.....because I couldn`t see how much I had left.

IMG_2073.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with Geena on the colors being pink, green or blue when I had my nitro truck. The LHS sold me pink one month then blue the next. Depends what he had in stock. I asked too about color and he mention it's just dye color.

RandyDSok

There has never been a standard color. The color you see will depend on what the brand decided to add to it. I do seem to recall that some brands used to color code their fuel so you could quickly identify what nitro % ( if any ) they contained, but it wasn't an industry standardized system.

Top Bottom