The weather here has been amazing!

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
I'm not kidding either, for the last week and a half it has been excellent flying weather. I couldn't ask for better!

You can probably tell by my absence that I have been taking advantage of it to the fullest too!

I flew the Gemini three times today, and just about had it completely rung out, at least until just prior to the final landing! I put it down pretty hard and broke the LG mount. It's alright though, I was planning on replacing the LG anyway, so now I have to do it! Aside from that everything else is fine.

I was having some issues with the rudder for a while. This morning I finally pulled the push-rod completely out of the plane, and found a kink in it about five inches away from the servo arm! It wasn't much of a kink, but it was enough to cost me two servos! The kink was located inside of the push-rod guide tube... I just never considered that as a possibility before. Lesson learned - go through everything on a used plane! (or anything else for that matter)

One of these days I'll see if I can get someone to video it in the air... That's about it for now.

SGIS

Top Bottom