Trucks Traxxas Slash 2wd coming soon!

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
I splurged on a Slash almost spontaneously today and bought a brushless system and lipos to put in it. :eagerness::eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:
Will put some pictures up when I get it. My brother also ordered one this afternoon, and a friend of mine is trying to get his hands on a roller 2wd Slash, so we should have some sweet bashing going on. Maybe after school this year we'll pull the trucks out and see if we can hit 60mph in the parking lot! :lol::banana:

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Okay, it came, but I've been having too much fun with it to stop and take some pictures. I've had it for less than a week and I've managed to break only one part on it (that happened after a poor landing on concrete after a jump about 4 feet in height) Needless to say it is very fun!!! I've replaced the rear shock tower with the RPM part and went with all RPM blue A arms and a blue RPM gear cover. The stock power system is good, but if you're going to stick with brushed, go ahead and buy yourself a rebuildable motor, mine crapped out after 3 days. The esc is very high quality and has an LVC for 7.4 lipos AND is waterproof!! I felt the need for speed so I picked up a Leopard brushless system from Hobbypartz for $60 with a 3930 kv motor and esc. This combo works great, just watch the temp. on it because people have said they'll melt if they get too hot, but that hasn't been an issue, I've gotten my Slash in the 50-55 mph range with a 3S lipo with the stock installed gears!!!!!!! :D :biggrin1:

wolfman76

sweet can't wait to see it in action chris.. wish i had extra cash to get my 3.3 t-maxx nitro but in due time

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
100_4141.jpg100_4143.jpg100_4145.jpg100_4148.jpg100_4149.jpg100_4152.jpg100_4153.jpg100_4157.jpg

Here are some picture after a week and a half of ownership! It looks pretty good considering the number of times I've flipped it on asphalt, run it into mailboxes at high speed, etc. The only parts I have managed to break were the rear shock tower (replaced with a RPM upgrade as mentioned before) and a rear axle carrier. Both were my fault, I was driving it off of small skate jumps and getting some pretty respectable air. This is just a great truck, and I've found that it lets me spend more time with my brother because we both like to drive rc cars, but he doesn't fly planes like I do. We have a little track in a vacant that we race on across the street, and for now we're actually pretty even as far as skill goes, but something tells me that he'll be the faster driver in the end. Until next time - Chris

100_4141.jpg

100_4143.jpg

100_4145.jpg

100_4148.jpg

100_4149.jpg

100_4152.jpg

100_4153.jpg

100_4157.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Good going Cris! Maybe I'll get the t maxx out Sunday if the weather is top bad for flying! Lol

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Okay, so I tried to race off road with the Leopard Brushless system on 3s on higher than stock gears and the result was not good. After about 3 minutes the motor got so hot that the magnetic core demagnetized! A couple days later I saw an ad for the Castle SCT system on sale for $100 so I decided to order one. I got it today, only two days later (from California! priority mail :D ) and I must say it is WAY better than the last setup! The low end torque is outstanding, it makes this two wheel drive vehicle feel more like a 4x4! The esc comes with a built in fan and a blower fan is included for the motor as well. I have to give this system 5 stars! I'll gear the car higher tomorrow and see how it does.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Today was great! I let my neighbor's little kid run my slash after his Stampede ran out of battery. His dad had set his truck on training mode so that nothing would break, so I wasn't sure how he'd handle the extra power in the Slash, but he did great!! He did jumps and donuts and had a blast! While I enjoy flying more than driving, I've got to say that it's easier to let someone else take part in your hobby when you don't have to worry about them crashing :D

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Update on my Slash: converted to a LGC setup, meaning that the chassis has been lowered to prevent roll overs and to provide better overall control. I used the STRC conversion kit which uses a Rustler chassis, so a few modifications are needed, but it was well worth it. I'll post pictures soon.

Top Bottom