Trucks Traxxas T-maxx 2.5 | Part 3 Transmission Teardown & Cleaning

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Traxxas T-maxx 2.5 | Part 3 Transmission Teardown & Cleaning

In the last T-Maxx series, this is one part that I skipped over since there was nothing wrong with the transmission. Over the coming years, people have shown that seeing the transmission is pretty important. So in this video I will tear this transmission apart and get it cleaned up. In the next video, we will be putting the transmission back together.

Read more about this article here...

Dion Adekat

tyvm I have been having transmission issue ever since i bought this used tmaxx. It never had a reverse servo so it has been zip tied all the way out, hence my truck will not shift into second. i have been adjusting the drive hub assembly screw. part no 4988. the one with the spring and the ball inside of it with zero luck. now tomorrow I will give it another go. TY again tony

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you need to flip both of your diff's over. You can see how I do this in episode 12 of this build when I put it back together and install the diffs. I show how everything turns and how to verify the Diff's. However, being stuck in reverse will not affect not shifting into second. The 1-2 gear is the second gear set in the transmission and spins constant no matter what you are in, forward or reverse. I would back it out until the screw is almost flush with the aluminum body and see if it stays in second, then screw it in until you just feel it bottoming out and it should stay in first. If none of this works, double check that the dog can sling out and is not covered in gunk and also make sure the pins are still good in the hub it slides into.

I have not yet gotten to the tuning of the truck, but that will be coming in the coming weeks. Not sure when at this time though. But I will definitely be covering it.

Dion Adekat

Tony you are absolutley correct, both diffs were BOTH backwards. I cleaned then both up, following your awesome videos. i just need to add some grease and i will be good to go :)

Top Bottom