Trucks Trexxas T Maxx 3.3 Nitro.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:pride:

Well I'm proud to have instigated the start on this new ground pounder forum. Let's all of us ground pounders get this going and growing!

Has for me, I just bought a traxxas t maxx 3.3 nitro. It should arrive at my house, Friday. I cant wait! I'll get some pics up this weekend. In case you did not see my other post, here is a cool video of it.

Check out this video on YouTube:

There is a whole series of these vids on you tube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you break that motor in really good. Like 7-8 tanks, and try to keep it under 120*F. It will run pig rich with fuel spitting out of the muffler, but if you do it, it will last a long time. I don't know how traxxas is now, but they used to want you to run their engine at 280*-300*. That is too hot. Keep it around 220* and it will live a while.

I really want to get back into this. I miss the smell and feel of those little things.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I here you on the break in. I'm going to have to buy a laser heat gun. Oh well I should have one for the planes anyway. All I can say is like before, The devil made me do it! I was going to wait till spring to do it! She was calling my name though. She said come get me! And I did! LOL.

Tony

Staff member
You should link us to the one that you purchased. Others may want to get the same one.

Tony

Staff member
Just remember, your temp sensor will read slightly different from someone elses. Always use the same temp gun on the engine. Find the best spot where it likes to run, and try to keep it there. Also, remember that the ambiant temp doesn't affect how hot a motor runs (by more than a couple degrees), it's the humidity that will affect how a motor runs. On dry days, you will have to lean it out and you won't make as much power, but on humid days, you will have to add a lot more fuel (I have had to go 6 hours from one race to another on the high needle). You always have to check it, every time you fire it up.

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal man. With the years I have spent tuning these things, just let me know if you need any help. I'm sure most things are abotu the same.

Top Bottom